Atta boy for iboats

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Going to the coast with the wife in the bassboat I bought a year ago. Coast is notorious for squalls. Figured I'd get some protection. Bought an iboats bimini top. Ordered it the 18th, arrived yesterday 29th....not too bad.

Opened the box and one of the tubes had the end smashed and apparently is was done at the factory as nothing else in the shipping container was damaged and the container was in perfect shape.

Called customer service and told them what happened. They said no problem. I gave them the p/n of the damaged part and the guy said that he would get one shipped right out.....great, don't have to send the old one or the damaged part back, and no hassle from iboats. That's the way you do business. Keep the customer happy and he (and his friends) will be back. d:)

Buttttttt the mfgr should have caught the problem when the kit was boxed....very obvious that it was damaged....course that's not iboats' fault.

The unit was alum tube with polyster cover; bottom of the line, but nice material (alum looks like Sch 40), well built, and seems to be very rugged. Joints, where the bows go together, are machined and fit nicely....attachment holes line up. Got the 3' slides for it and all were in one box.

Mark

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: Atta boy for iboats

I wish all online dealers had the customer service that Iboats have.I have never had an issue with any order from Iboats.Keep up the good work!!

D

DJ

I wondered about fire extinguishers too.

The reason they are not there is because they are difficult to ship. Many shippers get real nervous about "pressurized" materials in their planes and trucks.

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

tashasdaddy said:
i've never had a problem with them making good. my problem is finding what i want to by. searched for a fire extinguisher for the waverunner. this is what i got.

http://www.iboats.com/mall/?cart_id...ords=fire+extinguisher&submit.x=44&submit.y=3

I noticed that, too. I think the commerce part of the site shares the search function with the boards. When you enter "fire extinguisher", it gives you all matches that include any of the letters in your search string, just like the boards...

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Today's Wed. the 7th. The big brown truck just left the house......dropped off the damaged part (originals arrived on Jan 29) for the Bimini.....no charge. Not bad. I'm impressed. Like I said, it wasn't iboats fault that the mfgr loaded a damaged part in my cache....but they made it good and fast too....will shop them again. d:)

Bet there will be fewer bad parts loaded in the future. :love:

Mark

heatz1express

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It is good to hear that iboats is more then just an awesome forum 8)

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Well I got the replacement in short order. Sent me the whole bow (3 pcs) rather than the one that was damaged. Problem was they sent the wrong bow...someone failed to read the part numbers on the product.....but I was able to modify it and get it installed.

They need to clean up their mating holes as you need a drill and motor to assemble it.

It's finished and with the 3' slides sets up nicely between the front and rear seats on the bass boat (so that you can fish from your pedestals with the Bimini up, and for storage it slides back and lies flat on the deck right in front of the engine. The boot fits well.

For the price....great!

Mark