Hypalon care

Drowned Rat

Captain
Hi guys. Can anyone tell me what the best method is to restore hypalon? It's sun faded, but not cracked. It's purely cosmetic at this point, but I want to keep it from getting any worse. How do you guys clean the rubber first and what do you use as a UV protectant? Also, while I'm on the subject, what about protecting the wood transom and floorboards? Polyurethane?? And finally, can wooden seats be fabricated or purchased. The pontoons have velcro where the seats should rest.

Okay, thanks!! Perhaps this should go in the restoration projects forum, but I didn't think of it til now. Sorry JB 8)

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Re: Hypalon care

You can use softscrub and magic erasers on the boat.When you get it cleaned up good put several coats of Formula 303 protectant.It goes on just like armor all.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Thanks Charlie. I'll give it a try. 303 available anywhere besides boating supply store?

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I have seen 303 at Walmart before.Depends on how big the boating department is..

MRS

Commander

Most big auto parts stores or if you have a camping world near I think they have it there,

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

I have never seen it anywhere else.Only in marine stores and not all of them.Be prepared....it goes on like Armor all but costs much more.BTW there is no substitute.Use of any other type of armor all like products(unless specified) will make patching impossible if it is ever needed.Charlie