Chaparral 190SSI questions

gmctodd

Cadet
Need some opinions here! I'm in the market for a new boat. Going to look at a 2005 Chaparral 190SSi on Friday. This is a brand new leftover model w/some extras like: Bimini top, bow and cockpit covers, snap out carpet, depth gauge and the upgraded seat package. It has the VP 190 HP 4.3L w/ the SX drive. Is there any major differences between the 05 and the 07? I did notice on the chaparral website that the 07 comes with a couple more standard features, but what about the structural integrity of the hull and performance of the motor? The MSRP of a new 07 with the same features as the of is around 27,500. But who pays retail! The price I was given on the 05 was $24,000, Out the door with a painted to match Trailmaster trailer with brakes. Does anybody know what to expect to pay for an 07? Is this a pretty good deal? Thanks guys

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Chaparral 190SSI questions

What are you going to use to boat for and just as important what will the elevation be? I would also highly suggest going to the online classifieds and see what other Chap's are selling for to get a better idea on price. Go to other sites as well but don't forget the iboats classifieds. Best of luck on the purchase!

www.iboats.com/boats/

gmctodd

Cadet
Re: Chaparral 190SSI questions

The boat will be operating around 800' on Lake Raystown in Central PA. I have a 17' 88 SmokerCraft Alante w/135 HP merc O/B now. Works pretty good when the lakes not to crowded. Looking for something a bit bigger and an I/O. Main purpose is for pulling a tube or two and cruising around on the 28 miles of lake.