TRIM SENDER FOR '79 70 HP EVINRUDE

Vantoo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry, solicitations to buy/sell are not allowed on the message boards.

Moderator.

Vantoo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: TRIM SENDER FOR '79 70 HP EVINRUDE

Vantoo said:
Sorry, solicitations to buy/sell are not allowed on the message boards.

Moderator.

I have looked everywhere around where I live and can't find what I need. I hoped to get some help here....

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Try searching up TwinCity Outbaoard or ishopmarine. Both will probably have what you need. Or, go see your local J/Rude dealer.

Try looking on eBay?

DHPMARINE

Captain

Help we can do,buy and sell we can't.But I love this Forum and therefore support it best I can.

Your sender is still available from Bombardier.The bad news is it sells for $170.But your Dealer can order you one.

I would make the rounds of any outboard shop and try to locate one used.If you take it off of a used motor,do NOT cut the wires.Remove the switch and the complete harness.Trying to splice your wires will lead to short term failure.

DHP

Vantoo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

DHPMARINE said:
Help we can do,buy and sell we can't.But I love this Forum and therefore support it best I can.

Your sender is still available from Bombardier.The bad news is it sells for $170.But your Dealer can order you one.

I would make the rounds of any outboard shop and try to locate one used.If you take it off of a used motor,do NOT cut the wires.Remove the switch and the complete harness.Trying to splice your wires will lead to short term failure.

DHP

thanks for the help....I know I can get it new. Just didn't want to drop 200 bucks for it. I keep a check on ebay with no luck. Checked the local shop and no go on a used one. Thanks for the help anyway....will just keep looking.........