As promised in another forum

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer
If I can figure this out a picture of the fish my 10 year old and I caught today:
100_0436.jpg

RetNav

Re: As promised in another forum

Here is some more pictures of the fish we caught today:
100_0441.jpg
100_0439.jpg
100_0438.jpg

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Nothing better than a good day fishing with the kids. :) <br /><br />Those are some nice fish too.

RetNav

I had him clean 9 of the brim and he told me later that he was thinking about no going fishing any more.<br /><br /> We'll see this coming weekend as we are taking my big boat out in the gulf for some deep water fishing.

skeeterboy

Petty Officer 1st Class

ALOT OF BIG BASS YOU GUYS KILLED. Glad you taught your kid how to kill alpha bass like that.

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer

ALOT OF BIG BASS YOU GUYS KILLED.<br /><br />Waaa, waaa! They caught 'em, you didn't, get over it!

RetNav

skeeterboy<br />Not only did we kill them, we have already eaten some of them. Its only right, after all<br />We dug the pond,<br />We stocked the pond,<br />We have a biologist come twice a year for checks,<br />We ensure water levels are maintained, even if <br /> irrigation is necessary regardless of expense,<br />We could care less about your love of fish<br /><br />WE WILL EAT THEM WHEN WE WANT <br /> :mad: :mad: :mad:

xxxxxx

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Who has not eaten a fish or two. Give them a break. When you go to a store and buy a item...even paper a tree died so you could post a note.Be nice to all. :)

Ron G

Commander

nice fish?ya'll are making my mouth water.those gills are big enogh to fillet.you tried marinating them in itialian dressing and then frying them or boiling them in crabboil very tasty.

llfish

Nice fish and enjoy eating them!!

RetNav

Thanks for the nice words.<br /><br />Ron G, That sounds good, and there is enough of them to try that. Its not like I don't know where to get more, even bass.. :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

skeeterboy if you believe that fishermen taking a legal limit is damaging your fishery take it up with the Missouri Department of Conservation.

MRS

Commander

RetNav, nice fish you know if you post a bass photo somebody is going to snivel but it is great that you and the kid had a good trip. The kids would not eat fish when they were little but brought home some big bluegills like yours there and fillet them deep fried in beer batter we call them blue gill chips the kids eat them All. Hookum & Cookum enjoy. :D :p :D

brownies

Chief Petty Officer

I can't beleive you killed those bass thus reducing the competition that those 5lb'ers must endure to get a meal.<br /><br />Just makes me sad to think of all the harm you did. A million dinks in a lake eating all they can and staying the same size is much better than a managed fishery with several thousand 5lb bass roaming around. <br />Isn't that right petaboy?

RetNav

Yep brownies, we had another small pond that one of the boys put up a sign saying "Take no Bass". In a period of about two years, maybe a little longer, we started having problems with the population. Seemed like most of the pan fish started disappearing and then the bass that were left showed signs of malnutrition. We drained the pond, catching the fish left and found around 250 bass, less than 10 adult brim, and a few catfish. The bass overpopulation had eaten themselves out of a home.<br /><br />Now we keep the bass we catch on all of our ponds and don't care who doesn't like it. It is healthy for the fish to control the population.

anyfishlldo

Seaman

A: It's your pond, right? :rolleyes: <br /><br />B: Even on public waters, if you're within your bag limit the catch and release nazis can kiss my brown star. :D <br /><br />C: Nice fish man! You're making me hungry!<br /><br />D: You should give the first person that comes up and gripes at you about keeping those bass a nice Largemouth Enema for their troubles.

RetNav

anyfishlldo<br /><br /> Some folks obviously don't understand the way some fish will overpopulate to the point that there will be no/very little food for them. I guess the peta types would want us to go and feed them rather than managing them effectively.<br /><br /> I fully agree with your statements and appreciate you stating them. <br /><br /> The pond was dug with two purposes in mind:<br /> 1. Keep the crew busy working during the <br /> slow times so they would have income.<br /> 2. Have a private place to fish for my <br /> family and I, both for the recreation<br /> and for the fine eating it provides.

aspeck

Staff member

RetNav, you should be ashamed of yourself, catching and killing all those nice bass. That is just disgusting! I can't believe that someone would kill so many fine fish and not invite me to the party!<br /><br />Good eatin' there, and looks like a lot of fun!

RetNav

aspeck, of course you are right,I hang my head in shame everytime I go and then again when I get to eat some of that fine tablefare... :D

brownies

Chief Petty Officer

Ya gotta hand it to Skeeterboy though. <br /> "Stirrin the pot" like that....<br />Keeps it interesting.