00' 150 Yamaha HPDI ?good?

Reel-Fun

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Im upgrading from a 89' Force 125 to a 00' 150 HPDI i cant find much of any problems on this forum on this motor i guess thats a good thing. How reliable is this motor?

its on a 21' SailFish, how will my fuel efficiency be?

yamamarinetech40

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 00' 150 Yamaha HPDI ?good?

It's a great motor, but the upkeep is very important to this motor...it must be maintained and there is more to do than with your old motor. I would have a respected tech check it over, especially the fuel system(VST tank cleaned, VST filter(fuel pump)filter checked/replaced, etc. Why is it being sold? Maint. records avail. FROM DEALER? Again, it's a great motor, but the 'pickiest' motor yamaha has built...

Reel-Fun

Petty Officer 3rd Class

**edit** its not a hpdi, its a 2 stroker Yamaha looks like a 00' v6 150 Yamaha on a 99' 21' Sailfish 210 I will post pics to see if this is a good reliable motor, I’m buying from my father, he is to old to take it out on his own and he lives to far for me to help him so he doesn't get to use it as much as it should and he knows its time to let go of it.

Its defiantly not a 99’ Yamaha it looks much newer than all the other 99’s I have seen.

Reel-Fun

Petty Officer 3rd Class

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50999243@N00/

These are some photo's of the boat, there has been some upgrades after thee photo's were taken, a gps, vhf, fish finder has been added

let me know what you think of it and an estimated value of the boat concidering its in good shape with no defects and the motor has been taken well care of. i know my father and hes VERY MATICTULOUS

Thanks!