OMC Rochester carb

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
I was going to rebuild my carb but once i got it apart it looks pretty rough on the inside.also one of the idle mixture screw threads had been cross threaded.
So i have been looking for a reman but found out this model is scarce.Most places are around 250 to 270 bucks.Its just a rochester 2bbl..geeze
Carb#17085008.(rochester#)
Sierra makes a reman so i thought my family member at Napa could get thier hands on one cheap...no luck although they sell sierra parts its not available from Napa. Online sites have the same sierra carb.I'm thinking conspericy here..
So i'm looking on Flying Fish.com,
They seem to have the best price if i return the core.And if i tell them my
engine and drive info the carb will be tuned to pretty much bolt on and go...188 bucks plus shipping.
Has anyone bought from them?

fendersfender

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: OMC Rochester carb

yep, sure did.....they seem to have good customer service too! the carb they sent originally was'nt right, i called them up and they exchanged carbs for me right away......

Lyndy

Chief Petty Officer

Depending on long you want to wait, I found one on Ebay, rebuilt about a month ago for $50+ Shipping. I found two others in that time that were $75 an $100. They are out there. I two was amazed at how much they want for them little guys. As much as $300.

Lyndy

Chief Petty Officer

Gary H NC,

I am not quite ready to use mine yet. If you need one I will gladly send you the one I bought. I only got it because the arch that holds the Stud for the Flame Arrestor is broken on the one presently on the Engine. Let me know

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Thanks Lyndy.I'm in no hurry.The boat is winterized and won't be used for awhile.
Thankyou for the offer though.
I just can't believe the price for these things!
I guess i'll look on ebay over the next few weeks but will probably buy from flyingfish..glad to hear they have good customer service..

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I said heck with searching and ordered it from flying fish last night. They already emailed me a tracking number.
Thats fast service,hope the carb is as good..8)

Lyndy

Chief Petty Officer

Gary said:
I said heck with searching and ordered it from flying fish last night. They already emailed me a tracking number.
Thats fast service,hope the carb is as good..8)

Can't say I blame you. Mine popped up on Ebay about 45 days after I started looking for it. Luck of the draw, I was the only one interested in it and snagged it pretty cheap. One thing about Ebay, one must be patient sometimes.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Yep,ebay is hit or miss...
at least i get a warranty on this one and don't need to search for it.thats worth a few bucks right there..