identify engine

scorpian

Cadet
can any of you good folk help me identify an old johnson engine, the transom id tag is unreadable ,the only number i can find is on a round silver plug on top of motor c0034452 it looks about mid eighties and 40 to 50 hp thanks in advance Jim B

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: identify engine

Can't tell from the number Jim....looks like the Serial Number. Any chance to post a pic or two of it?

freddyray21

Commander

Did you get a clear title? As a former law enforcement officer a good rule of thumb is if the id tag is unreadable it might be stolen. I would do some checking. They guy you got it from might not have stolen it or the guy before that, but it it was ever stolen and you are found in posession the least that can happen is they take it and you are out your money. (most likely) the worst is a charge for receiving stolen property.

scorpian

Cadet

freddyray21 said:
sorry duplicate post
i was given engine by my neighbour after her husband died he was a big johnson fan and owned engine from new .tag wes damaged by leaking battery acid

freddyray21

Commander

good deal. Don't know about Scotland, but you'd be surprised how many outboards get stolen around here.