Ohio River Dwellers.....(Update)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Don't know how many there are but heads up....the old girl may get nasty over the next few days. Right now for my area which is between Steubenville, Ohio and Wheeling, WVa., the river will be at or near flood stage, sometime Tuesday. That is the current forcast.....and it continues to rain....:%

Talk about your psycho weather.....

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Ohio River Dwellers.....

Tell Dubya to turn off the weather machine....
It's freezing up here!:%

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I hear ya OBJ, under flood watch down here.
Keep it up there with you.:^

aspeck

Staff member

Hey OBJ, just think, the cold is coming, and it will be freezing by the time it hits flood stage - so you get to deal with ice and high water! Stay safe!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

We just did all the monthly checks on the trash pumps and generators at the Fire Station last week......good timing....8)

Sure hope that ice stuff passes by. Can do without it. I was going to post "Keep the cold & ice in Pa. with you aspeck" but, shoot, it'll get us before it gets you.....:%d:)

On the good side, our fire crews here along the River aren't cherries when it comes to flooding and at least it's not being predicted, YET, as another gully washer like last two back to back hudred year floods AND at least we don't have to shovel the stuff.....d:)d:)

Wait and watch.

fireman57

Captain

It is supposed to crest at about 37 feet in Evansville (IN) this Thursday or Friday. Flood is 42 but the forecast will definitely change depending on how much rain you guys up there end up with.

aspeck

Staff member

It's flooding in Pittsburgh right now - so the high water is headed your way - and it is still raining here .... I am about 50 miles away from the line where the water heads your way. Our water heads to the Chesapeake, but it is to rain here all day, meaning your headwaters are getting drenched today! Sorry for the bad news, but do a double check of everything so you are prepared.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Ohio River Dwellers.....(Update)

And the psycho weather continues......some minor flooding but nothin' to write home about.....folks west of us got it worse.

Now the cold....dropping to 28* tonight and lucky to get to 29* tomorrow......and snow......gotta' have some snow to make the misery complete. May be interesting trip to work in the morning. Tired of it already. Ready for spring.

Hope anyone else on the board that may have been affected by this mess is OK.

heycods

Captain

I havent a clue what a flood watch is.:'(

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

heycods said:

Don't you do scorpion and rattlesnake watch, heycods? :p

gonefishie

Commander

Yesterday, the White River that runs through our town was a raging class 4 rapid, this morning it looked like it receeded. The flaky white stuff is pilling up though. I guess it's time to says goodbye to our run with the warm weather :'(. Oh well, everything comes to an end right?

KaGee

Admiral

heycods said:

Basically, it's watch as the flood carries your stuff away. Then you cry alot. :'(