Not a question, just a comment about stern drives.

ParallaxBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just love the sound of my L6 165 Mercruiser at cruising speed. Nice and deep, but not loud at all. Could it be better with an outboard?? I doubt it. ;);)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Not a question, just a comment about stern drives.

Naw, IMHO OB's are whiney!

ParallaxBill

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah, I had a 4 cyl 50 horse Mercury (fine motor that it was) on a 72 Ebbtide bass boat and it got just plain irritating on the ears after a few miles on the lake heading to the hot spots. I could cruise all day with my mercruiser.;)

ziggy

Admiral

I just love the sound of my L6 165 Mercruiser at cruising speed. Nice and deep, but not loud at all.

ya sure won't get any argument out of me. do ya think that i might be prejudiced though? :)

my Dad had one in his trisonic. he said the same thing too. just love the sound of them l6 165 mercruisers. they just got a nice sound to them......i guess he got me hooked too.......

ruf1967

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have to say, I used to own a johnson 90 v4 and it sounded okay. Now I own a v6 mercruiser and it sounds way better from start up to wide open throttle.

Dunaruna

Admiral

[colour=blue]There's nothing quite like the throaty roar of 8 pistons sucking air through a quaddy d:)

FreeBeeTony

Captain

Gotta admit I love the way my Vortec sounds at WOT.........now that I can get there of course............:)

DukesFin

Chief Petty Officer

I have to agree...

NewMotorSt2.jpg

8)