the Democrats are in charge

Plainsman

Rear Admiral
WOW! I feel so much better now that the Democrats are in charge. I guess we
will all be able to sleep better knowing they are protecting our country and
it's children. I wish I had written this because it hits so close to
home.......
The Democrats now promise "A New Direction For America ."

The stock market is at a new all-time high and America 's 401K's are back.
A new direction from there means, what?

Unemployment is at 25 year lows.

Taxes are at 20 year lows.

Federal tax revenues are at all-time highs.

The Federal deficit is down almost 50%, just as predicted over last year.
A new direction from there means. what?

Home valuations are up 200% over the past 3.5 years.

Inflation is in check, hovering at 20 year lows.

Not a single terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11/01.

Osama bin Laden is living under a rock in a dark cave, having not surfaced
in years, if he's alive at all, while 95% of Al Queda's top dogs are either
dead or in custody, cooperating with US Intel.

Several major terrorist attacks already thwarted by US and British Intel,
including the recent planned attack involving 10 Jumbo Jets being exploded
in mid-air over major US cities in order to celebrate the anniversary of the
9/11/01 attacks.

Just as President Bush foretold us on a number of occasions, Iraq was to
be made "ground zero" for the war on terrorism -- and just as President Bush
said they would, terrorist cells from all over the region are arriving from
the shadows of their hiding places and flooding into Iraq in order to get
their faces blown off by US Marines rather than boarding planes and heading
to the United State s to wage war on us here.

Now let me see, do I have this right? I can expect:
The economy to go South
Illegals to go North
Taxes to go Up
Employment to go Down
Terrorism to come In
Tax breaks to go Out
Social Security to go Away
Health Care to go the same way gas prices have gone
But what the heck!

I can gain comfort by knowing that Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, John
Kerry, Edward Kennedy, Howard Dean, Harry Reid and Barak Obama have worked
hard to create a comprehensive National Security Plan, Health Care Plan,
Immigration Reform Plan, Gay Rights Plan, Same Sex Marriage Plan, Abortion
On Demand Plan, Tolerance of Everyone and Everything Plan, How to Return all
Troops to the U. S. in The Next Six Months Plan, A Get Tough Plan, adapted
from the French Plan by the same name and a How Everyone Can Become as
Wealthy as We Are Plan.

I forgot the No More Katrina Storm Plan.

Now I know why I feel good after the elections. I am going to be able to
sleep so much better at nights knowing these dedicated politicians are
thinking of me and my welfare.

GOD Bless AMERICA,
Land of the FREE.
Because of the BRAVE.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: the Democrats are in charge

Notice how no one wants to hear it Eric. They would want to tell you that Bush is a liar, that Wal-mart is running amok, that abortion is being questioned, that we are not fully a bilingual country yet, that marraige between two genders that the good Lord never intended has made very poor progress, that they have not been able to send this country into third world status by enacting national health care and that **** Cheney is still trying to get his hands on Iraqi oil.

All in all, all the things that you mention point to a strong, vital America and that, flat, does not fit the Liberal agenda.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Nice post Plainsman, like it or not the democrat's have boxed themselve's in to a corner. I do fear two thing's however, 1 a recession (oil & intrestrest driven) 2. All hell breaking loose in the middle east. Take note of one of our sub just caught in the Straits of Hormuz.

And all under there watchful eye, history is a nasty beast and there's a lot afoot........I doubt they will have little time for the gay agenda, ACLU issues, or loweing taxes........Liberal Agenda, nope not now.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Plainsman said:

Job growth under Bush slower than under Clinton, Reagan
POSTED: 2137 GMT (0537 HKT), January 8, 2007
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The economy has cranked out fewer jobs under President Bush -- by millions -- than it had by the same point in the presidencies of Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton.
In general, the Federal Reserve and private economists say the country's job climate is good -- especially given the troubled housing and automotive sectors.

For all of 2006, the unemployment rate averaged 4.6 percent, a six-year low. It was a considerable improvement from 2003's 6 percent rate, the highest under Bush.

"That says a lot," Gutierrez (Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez) said of last year's showing. "I think what we are doing here is creating something that is solid, something that is enduring and something that will continue."

In Clinton's first year of office -- 1993_ unemployment averaged 6.9 percent, the highest on his watch. The rate dropped to 4 percent in 2000, the lowest of his presidency and the best showing in 31 years. For Reagan, the worst annual performance was when unemployment soared to 9.7 percent in 1982 as the country suffered through a painful recession. In 1988, the rate fell to 5.5 percent.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/08/bush.job.count.ap/

This was the only one I researched. Maybe you need to do a little research of your own.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,...... That's a pretty Pi** Poor come back BoatBuoy,.....

While it maybe True,.....

It Doesn't take into account that Reagan was trying to turn around a Recession that was left to him by Carter,....

Nor does it take into account that Clinton was Riding the Dotcom Boom started by the Previous Administration......
And the Economy was Tanking for the last Year of His Adiministration.....

Nor,.... Does it take into account that the American Economy came to a Complete Stop on 9-11-01,+ has been Rebuilt to the Thriving Economy that it IS today..........

In other words,..... It's Pure Spin............

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

"WOW! I feel so much better now that the Democrats are in charge."

Me too. I had forgetten how wonderful things have been the passed 6 years. I am clueless as to the reasons for the removal of republicans from congress.

Perhaps a greater per capita income rather than minimum wage. This is a very deceptive stat.

Federal tax revenues are at all-time highs.

Perhaps a zero deficit

The Federal deficit is down almost 50%, just as predicted over last year.
A new direction from there means. what?

See answer to the above Q. Again, a very deceptive stat. Who created this deficit?

Home valuations are up 200% over the past 3.5 years.

What? You are dreaming on this one. 200%?

Not a single terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11/01.

I know, this is because of tight border and port security.
Hopefully, this means a tighter security in both areas.

Osama bin Laden is living under a rock in a dark cave, having not surfaced
in years, if he's alive at all, while 95% of Al Queda's top dogs are either
dead or in custody, cooperating with US Intel.

Truth is, the US has no idea where OBL is. For all we know, he could be lounging on the Riviera sipping a margarita. Problem is, whether he is hiding under a rock or sipping margaritas, he is still alive.

GOD Bless AMERICA,
Land of the FREE.
Because of the BRAVE.

I agree. Problem though, our President is not one of the BRAVE. He skipped out when he had an opportunity to change his history.

treedancer

Commander

How about these stats?

The Bush Economy: Declining Income and More Uninsured Americans.

According to the Census Bureau issued its latest national report on income, poverty and health insurance. The figures are troubling. Under President Bush's failed leadership, wages have actually declined by nearly $1,700 and more than a million middle class Americans fell into poverty. The number of Americans without health insurance has also increased by 6 million since Bush took office in 2001. African Americans and Latinos have been hit especially hard, with more sinking into poverty and being forced onto the rolls of the uninsured.
"The Bush economy is not working for the American people. Americans are struggling under the weight of President Bush's failed leadership: they are earning less while everyday expenses, including gas, are going up," said Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean. "Instead of finding solutions to the problems facing American families, President Bush has decided to line the pockets of his corporate backers. His policies have exploded the federal deficit without helping to create good-paying jobs here in America. Democrats believe we can do better by balancing the budget and getting the economy working for everyone so that American families don't have to choose between a bag of groceries and a gallon of gas."

http://www.census.gov/prod/2005pubs/p60-229.pdf

Summarizing the New US Census Bureau Report on Income and Poverty: The Rich Continue to Get Richer

Submitted by MJLYNCH on August 30, 2006 -
http://critcrim.org/summarizing_the...e_and_poverty_the_rich_continue_to_get_richer

The US Census Bureau released new figures on the economic health and well being of Americans on August 29th in its annual report. Below I summarize some of the important aspects of this report.
To view this report: www.census.gov/prod/2006pubs/p60-231.pdf

1. Real median household income rose 1.1% in 2005 to $46,326. Real median income is an inflation adjusted measure which indicates the income amount that divides US families at their midpoint, with one half of families earning less than $46,326, and one half of families earning greater than that amount.

2. Although real median household income rose last year, the rise was not sufficient to overcome the impact of the recession that ushered in the 21st century in the US. Real median family incomes in the US in 2005 remained 0.5% lower than real median family incomes in 2001.

3. Real median income values, however, provide a misleading indicator of how widely US citizens share in recent economic gains. For example, while real median family income increased, so too did economic inequality. Economic inequality is evident in several additional indicators.

4. Median family incomes vary significantly by race. The 3 year moving average for families of different racial and ethnic backgrounds were reported as follows: Whites, Non-Hispanic ($50,784); African Americans ($30,858); Hispanics ($35,967); Asians ($61,094).

5. In 2005, the poorest 20% of families earned only 3.4 % of all household income. The top 20% of families earned 50.4% of all household incomes. Clearly, this indicates a wide disparity in the distribution of income.
6. For the top 20% of households, average incomes rose by 2 percent, and the mean annual income for this group of families is now $ 159, 583.

7. Mean income for the bottom 20% rose at a lower rate of 0.6%. The mean family income for those in the lowest 20% of household incomes rose by only $68 to $10,587.

8. The report indicated that the GINI coefficient of income inequality rose to 0.469 in 2005. The higher the GINI coefficient, the more unequal the distribution of income. The 2005 GINI is the largest inequality figure recorded by the US Census Bureau in the 40 years it has issued annual reports.
9. The small rise in income for the lowest 20% of income earning families helped reduce the proportion of the population that lives in poverty by 0.1% (to 12.6%). The 2005 poverty rate, however, was 1.3 points higher than the 2001 poverty rate (11.3%), which indicated that the poorest Americans have had much more difficulty recovering from the early 21st century recession. Today, 36.85 million Americans still live in poverty.

10. Despite the rise in median family income, the median income for both men and women declined. Men’s median income fell by 1.8% to $ 41,386, while women’s median incomes fell 1.3% to $ 31,858. On average, women still earn significantly less than men (77 cents for every dollar earned by men). It should be noted that the rise in the male/female wage level that has occurred since the mid-1980s is largely the result of men’s wages falling relative to women’s wages, and not the result of a real gain in women’s wages relative to men’s wages. Also, the discrepancy between the decline in individual wages (women/men) versus the rise in family income is the result of income generated from investments for families.

11. According to US Census Bureau documents (http://www.census.gov/hhes/poverty/threshld/thresh04.html), poverty thresholds are as follows: for persons under age 65 ($9,827/yr); for persons over age 65 ($ 9,060/yr); for a family of 4 ($19,484) (for other family sizes, use link). It should be noted that the poverty level value set by the US Census Bureau for individuals under age 65 is slightly less ($885) than a person who earns minimum wage ($ 5.15/hour) would make working 40 hours a week for 52 weeks.

12. There are important racial differences in poverty that need to be considered. During 2005, the poverty rate for Whites declined slightly (0.1%), to 10.5%. The African American poverty rate remained constant, though they continue to be adversely affected, and the proportion of African Americans who live in poverty was 24.7%. Like the White poverty rates, the Hispanic poverty rate fell by 0.1%. However, like the African American poverty rate, the Hispanics poverty rate remains significantly higher than the White poverty rate at 21.8%.

13. Poverty rates for other groups also rose. For female headed households, the poverty rate rose by 0.6 points to 31.1%. Likewise, the poverty rate for those over 65 rose by 0.3 points to 10.1%. Poverty rates for children, however, fell by 0.2 points to 17.6%.

14. The number of Americans without health insurance increased to 46.6 million, or by 1.3 million people during 2005.

15. Important regional variations exist in reported family income patterns. The rise in incomes was above the national average in Northeastern States (2.9%) and in Westerns States (1.5%), and below the national average in Midwestern (-0.4%) and Southern (0.1%) states.

oddjob

Commander

LOL...they just passed some legistration from the 9/11 commity. Wont tell us how much it cost though. Their dems and they dont have to..na,na:love:

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

"they just passed some legistration from the 9/11 commity. Wont tell us how much it cost though. Their dems and they dont have to..na,na"

Okay so tell me, how much is left for us when we start collecting Social Security once all the IOUs are counted? How much are our children, grandchildren, and all the future generations going to have to pay for our trillions in deficit spending? How is this war being paid for? With Tax Cuts? GWB isn't the only one in denial here.

Bush's own father tried to bail him out of this war debacle by asking some of his oldest and most trusted advisors and friends to form a committee and suggest what to do from here on out. Junior used it as toilet paper, same as he used the findings of the 9/11 commission. It's about time somebody with reality in their thinking started reining this clown in.

oddjob

Commander

WillyBWright said:
"they just passed some legistration from the 9/11 commity. Wont tell us how much it cost though. Their dems and they dont have to..na,na"

Okay so tell me, how much is left for us when we start collecting Social Security once all the IOUs are counted? How much are our children, grandchildren, and all the future generations going to have to pay for our trillions in deficit spending? How is this war being paid for? With Tax Cuts? GWB isn't the only one in denial here.

Bush's own father tried to bail him out of this war debacle by asking some of his oldest and most trusted advisors and friends to form a committee and suggest what to do from here on out. Junior used it as toilet paper, same as he used the findings of the 9/11 commission. It's about time somebody with reality in their thinking started reining this clown in.

Er ...the dems just passed the legistration and they wont tell how much it costs. I have no idea what your response is about or what W has to do with it...

wait a minute, my mistake,.....blind hate for W rears again, never mind,...carry on8)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

The point is that somebody is finally going to pay attention to the 9/11 Commission and do something about it. The point is that your precious Shrub hasn't paid for anything he has done yet. He just borrows and borrows and borrows some more. The Liberals have proposed a Pay As You Go method. That's supposed to be a Conservative approach. But nothing "Conservative" is Conservative with Gee Willikers Bush in charge.

OldMercsRule

Captain

What a read, and moreover what these posts say about the authors. Libs and Democrats deny progress and see nothing but victims, (in need of an income transfusion from the productive ones of our economy), and failure; (or the dark clouds Chicken Little always worries about, or more importantly: wants you to worry about so he and the other Democrats can raise your taxes and increace dependancy on momma government). The Conservatives see accomplishment and progress. Same world, same set of facts, different eyes, and most importantly: VERY different objectives. Self reliance and individual responsibility always leads to a significant decrease in sniveling and whining! Hope the Democrats' reign is short lived. Respectfully JR

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Now let me see, do I have this right? I can expect:
The economy to go South
Illegals to go North
Taxes to go Up
Employment to go Down
Terrorism to come In
Tax breaks to go Out
Social Security to go Away
Health Care to go the same way gas prices have gone
But what the heck!

This sounds suspiciously like whining & sniveling to me....;).......JK

treedancer

Commander

Quote oldmercsrule
Hope the Democrats' reign is short lived. Respectfully JR

Sorry to disappoint JR ,I think that you are looking at another forty years of the Dems, look what happened after Hoover, this Republican president is even more incompetent.

OldMercsRule

Captain

Whining and Sniveling? Nah. Just poping the obvious questions. The Democrats ran on change, (actually very non specific change). Logical Conservatives are just speculating as to what change the snivelers want. respectfully JR

OldMercsRule

Captain

treedancer said:
Quote oldmercsrule
Hope the Democrats' reign is short lived. Respectfully JR

Sorry to disappoint JR ,I think that you are looking at another forty years of the Dems, look what happened after Hoover, this Republican president is even more incompetent.

HOPE NOT JR

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

"wait a minute, my mistake,.....blind hate for W rears again, never mind,...carry on"

First of all OJ, this thread originated on blind hate. Dems are being blamed for things that have not even happened. Hating on speculation is "blind hate." Did you read the original post? That is blind hate.

As far as W and the rest of his supporters, my eyes have been wide open these past 6 years. Disliking W for his actions, or lack there of, is certainly not blind. The only thing blinding is the stupidity of this admin.

OldMercsRule

Captain

CJY said:
"wait a minute, my mistake,.....blind hate for W rears again, never mind,...carry on"

First of all OJ, this thread originated on blind hate. Dems are being blamed for things that have not even happened. Hating on speculation is "blind hate." Did you read the original post? That is blind hate.

As far as W and the rest of his supporters, my eyes have been wide open these past 6 years. Disliking W for his actions, or lack there of, is certainly not blind. The only thing blinding is the stupidity of this admin.

Liberal emotion vs Conservative logic. Why is asking for Liberals to specify nature of the "change" they are looking for HATE???? JR

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

OldMercsRule said:
What a read, and moreover what these posts say about the authors. Libs and Democrats deny progress and see nothing but victims, (in need of an income transfusion from the productive ones of our economy), and failure; (or the dark clouds Chicken Little always worries about, or more importantly: wants you to worry about so he and the other Democrats can raise your taxes and increace dependancy on momma government). The Conservatives see accomplishment and progress. Same world, same set of facts, different eyes, and most importantly: VERY different objectives. Self reliance and individual responsibility always leads to a significant decrease in sniveling and whining! Hope the Democrats' reign is short lived. Respectfully JR

What? Were you trying to be objective? If I have this straight, dems snivel and whine while reps are self reliant. I believe the original post snivelled and whined quite a bit. Then of course, you denied it as a good follower should.

"Accomplishment and progress"

This must be some sort of a punch line. Somehow I think this got mixed up with OJ's post. You know, where he talked of blindness. This is nothing more than blindly following.