hey Boomyal

aerwin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey boomyal I didn't know there was a section on different boat manufactures and I was shocked to see Gulfstreem, was listed. I have a 79' 18 1/2' openbow. I saw the pics and yes they are decent boats and good looking. I will get some picts of mine soon and post them on that thread

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: hey Boomyal

aerwin said:
Hey boomyal I didn't know there was a section on different boat manufactures and I was shocked to see Gulfstreem, was listed. I have a 79' 18 1/2' openbow. I saw the pics and yes they are decent boats and good looking. I will get some picts of mine soon and post them on that thread

Great aerwin. I have searched the net for information on Gulfstream. They left no trail except for their HIN on the Coast Guard site. Maybe iboats will become the sole repository for Gulfstream history.

California, Arizona and Utah seemed to be the major marketing areas for the brand. I bought mine new, in So Cal, in 1975. Prior to that, I bought a new '73 18 ft, inline six. I traded it in '75 when the gas tank liner, in the cold rolled steel tank, started to come apart. That boat needed to go back to Salt Lake to have the tank pulled out of the floor. It was right at the beginning of the boating season in '75 so I told the dealer to keep it and trade me up to the 20 ft'r.

Do me a favor and take pictures of your seat bases. If they are like the ones in my '75 I really want to get a hold of some to use in my Beachcraft.

Here is a link to my restoration.

http://www.shareaproject.com/pages/projectTut,p,92,00.html

BTW, is Strathmore in the Sacto Delta area?

aerwin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK. about the seats, they are the same textured plastic I think, kindive a solid leg on the front that goes to the back and a separate leg that moves with the seat when it folds out, I will take a picture but they are not for sale. I have only seen one or two other gulfstreams in my 5 yrs of boating, I guess I have a rare boat lol. thanks and maybe we can find more info on it

aerwin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

strathmore is south/east of fresno about 60 miles next to the foothills, a blink and miss the town type of place, Lake success and kaweah close by

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

aerwin said:
strathmore is south/east of fresno about 60 miles next to the foothills, a blink and miss the town type of place, Lake success and kaweah close by

I boated on Pine Flat from '73 to '87. I owned a 30' Gregor Octapon double deck patio boat from '79 till I moved north in '88. I sure miss that area. That was all definitely Gulfstream country.

010803.jpg

BTW, I wasn't trying to buy your seats/bases but if you ever run across a junker, let me know. I just don't think there are any Gulfstream carcasses in the PNW. I'd still like to see pics of yours.

Don't forget to check out my resto project. Might have a lot of info that would be useful to you.

I just found the rest of my scanned pages from the '75 Gulfstream brochure. I'm posting them in the Mfg'r's forum.. You can see your boat there minus the bow rider.

aerwin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I go to pine flat also, what a great lake, there is a salvage yard in sacto, rancho marine recycling, they are online and might have some seats. like I said I havn't seen much in the way of gulfstream on the water but I will look around, sea ray and bayliner pretty much has taken over, thanks for the loading of the brochure

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Yeah aerwin, they listed a '72 18 footer on their site. It would still be good to see the pics of your seats/bases so I know what 18 ft'rs had. Be good to see pics of your whole boat as well. You've got a place to post them now.8)

Pay particular attention to the section on my gas tank bay. My tank panel had actually dropped because the supports that were sistered up to the side stringers had dropped down due the the screws rusting thru.

All those years water had been pouring into the tank bay via the sender cutout at the forward bilge bulkhead, with no place to exit. They also had stapled the floor onto the stringers and when they foamed it, the floor was pushed off the stringers and all that water just kept sloshing up over the tank bay walls, soaking the bottom of the floor and the foam as well.

Also they did not seal the tank floor panel well. It was just tapped over at the seams. When I reinstalled mine I puttied the seam (to keep the epoxy out) then glassed right over it, screws and all. If I ever had to pull it I would just recut the seam and drill the glass off the screw heads.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Hey Boom the hull you have i believe is a old Donzi design, It has been shared with Wellcraft and Larson, the cap is also universal, what makes the difference is how they decorate the interior.

Now if you want a great look for your new interior pm me, i have found a great place to do a great job on interior's for squat in Hillsboro................... LOL it's ok talk to ya later.