Maiden voyage today!

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander
We took the 12 ft tinny out today after getting it fixed. Earlier we tried to run it in a tank, but had to clean out the carb first. Then it purred in the tank like a kitten. So, we decided to take it out to the lake. The weekend forecast involved rain all day today. Had quite a few sudden sqauls while fixing the carb. Though very dreary, it wasn't raining when we left. Stopped by Kmart to get a drain plug. (HA. that didn't send us to the SHT forum) We went to the longest ramp we know about as the lake is REAL low this time of year. Untied all the straps(except winch) and got bimini put up. Backed down the ramp. Though the trailer is way to large for this boat, when we backed to where the hitch was at the waterline, the bunks were just barely submerged. Ramp shallows at bottom. Well, I undo winch strap and proceed to push the boat off. All of a sudden it starts POURING. I quickly attach the winch and jump in the car. We wait for it to tapor and start tying up to go home. Then dad points out that it has stopped raining completely, and we called mom at the house and she said it is not raining there. So we untie everything and back down the ramp. I try to push the boat off and pull it to the shore with the bow line, while dad parked the truck. We get in and shove off. (having to paddle a bit to get deep enough for the motor to be tilted down) The motor starts first pull. It didn't miss a beat in the couple laps we did. Brought it back to shore and had to paddle it onto the trailer due to the lack of depth. It finally started raining as we were tying it down. All in all it was a great trip.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Maiden voyage today!

A bad day on the water is better than doing anything else in that day.
Glad you had a good outing.8)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I'll bet the best part was having nobody else around. The serenity of a lone voyage is worth the trip all by itself. Congrats on a successful maiden voyage. :)

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

WillyBWright said:
I'll bet the best part was having nobody else around. The serenity of a lone voyage is worth the trip all by itself. Congrats on a successful maiden voyage. :)

No one was out. The lake was a glassy surface untill we went out. And, this is ussually the most popular section. It was great. There is something about a classic looking aluminum boat just pulled up on the sand.