Boating Supplier Recommendations?

skybolt_1

Cadet
Who is your favorite (read: cheapest) boating goods supplier? I have spend the past summer filling West Marine's coffers. They have OK prices on some things and horrendously high prices on other stuff (like electrical). A couple of google searches yield specifics (www.bestboatwire.com) but I haven't yet found any inexpensive, non-specific boating supply houses.

Any suggestions?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Boating Supplier Recommendations?

iBoats provides this forum. Support them. Click on Marine Store at the top left corner of this page.

skybolt_1

Cadet

doh! Didn't even think of iboats. Thanks for the wakeup!

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

West Marine will wheel & deal if you ask. I got my best price there on a chartplotter last year.

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class

West Marine is horrible they are closing stores here because of lack of business. They are to overpriced people are going back to the mom and pop shops. I dont know about where you are but here the employees always try to sell you the most expensive thing. I wouldnt buy so much as a screw from them again.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I will revise my previous post:

Start with Iboats...give them a chance...and then compare to Boatfix.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i always start with i boats, then shop the net. then shop the to 2 local boat discount stores. i have to s t r e c h my boating dollars, to the hilt.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I have found a couple places much cheaper...But,I better not say!:%

I always start with Iboats then shop around online to see if i can save.But i do order from Iboats alot of the time.

I did order from Doug Russell and they really screwed my order up and i'm still trying to get that resolved.
They are now on my black list...:devil:

Jeffreyi

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm new to boating but a friend who is not suggested BOW (boatownerswarehouse). They also have stores in FL and seem reasonable.

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for all the support by remembering iboats.com when it is time to get something for your boat and also recommending us to your friends!