New Years Resolutions - Let's list them

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Every year people make New Years Resolutions

Quit Smoking .... probably the most common
Lose weight .... 2nd most common

I joined a gym starting in 2007 to get back into some sort of shape ..... I want to be around longer for the grandson.

I am also going to dedicate more time to local volunteer programs.

List some realistic ones!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New Years Resolutions - Let's list them

I am into weight loss Bob for the new year, like you, want to be around for the grand babies a while longer.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Hmmmmm....never give any thought till ya' mentioned it Bob.

Don't think weight lose....since I've went the retirement route, I've shed near 20lbs.

Have to give a resolution some consideration.....

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Stay healthy, keep more of the money i earn then move to the tropics.;)

aspeck

Staff member

I resolve not to make any New Years Resolutions!:devil:

KaGee

Admiral

aspeck said:
I resolve not to make any New Years Resolutions!:devil:
Amen Brother! 8)

Mike722

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would not call it a Resolution, but I hope to build a house or get a new trailer at the lake.

treedancer

Commander

I’ve packed on about ten pounds since I had the rotator cuff operation, the doc said not to do any weights yet. Next month will be my next visit; not wanting to reinjur the cuff, but I feel that I can at least start putting in some quality time at the gym doing some light weights.

Getting tired of only doing cardio that is the most boring thing to do i. Would much rather be on the “KATY” trail hiking than on a treadmill like some damn gerbil in a cage.

If every thing pans out, and I can talk the Doc into it, my resolution is to loose the ten extra pounds and get my strength back with some quality time in the gym.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Get on the mountain bike more this year. I have not hit the trails as much as I would like in the last few years.

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Now that my boating life is somewhat back in order, I can firmly resolve to get my USGA index down from 10.9 to 9.0 8)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I'm just going to renew my procrastination from last year's renewal for the procrastination of the resolution from the year before...whatever that was :=

Docknocker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Get the boat in in time to fish the stripper run ( starts mid April ), then use it every second I possably can with my boys untill the ice shuts us down !! In upstate NY we have 2 seasons........winter & road repair !!

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Mike722 said:
I would not call it a Resolution, but I hope to build a house or get a new trailer at the lake.

Same here. Not a resolution, but I need a trolling motor and a fishfinder. The trolling motor I want is close to $400. I haven't even started looking seriously for a fishfinder. Now, for a 13 yr old that is tough. Especially since no one wants to hire anyone my age. All I can find are the occasional leaf raking jobs.

ZmOz

Captain

Doctor says I shouldn't drink and/or smoke so much...maybe we'll compromise. :^

crunch

Commander

All I can find are the occasional leaf raking jobs.

You're 1/2 way there.... get a lawn mower and a weed eater and go into biz, with your low over head you could be buying a new boat in a years time. :p

My 1st resolution is to get the wife to quit re-building every house we buy... it's joint effort, takes her 30 seconds to say "change that", takes me a month to do it.

My 2nd is to finish the restore on my boat.

3rd is to get a fishing license for the first time in 5 years and use it at least once a week.

2nd and 3rd are directly related to accomplishing the 1st. 8)

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

My 1st resolution is to get the wife to quit re-building every house we buy... it's joint effort, takes her 30 seconds to say "change that", takes me a month to do it.
Whats worse is when she gets you and dad started on about 30 jobs, then decides she likes the house that is for sale 2 doors down better. Been there. Done that.
She was even trying to be nice with one of the jobs. She took the wallpaper down herself. We then had to replace the whole wall. Luckily she decided to move before we gutted the kitchen and started tearing off the roof to add a few dormers.

crunch

Commander

Maybe a few issues with mom?... or X- mom?

I was serious about the mower and weed eater, lots of bucks to be made there.

If you are in a rural setting like I was as a child, you might set your sights higher and go into work related to the ranching industry... irrigation, husbandry, and all of that Cowboy stuff... I did and landed a job at 15 training horses for 5 bucks an hour, in 1972... the side bennie was having to train, and ride with each day, the rich CA owners daughter... who was a 10 on any kids scale.

Point is, look up... it can’t be any farther down than you are right now. :p

Kiwi Phil

Commander

My wee wife Anita decides the NY resolutions for me.
This year it is "loose weight", and the whole thing started 3 weeks back.
I get dragged around the block....a 30 min walk....every day.
I refuse point blank to do it in the daylight should some of my mates spy me.
I apparantly have to do it until "I can see Percy from a standing position in a relaxed state" (believe me it has been a while).
Once a week I have to stand starkers in the bedroom while I get measured around the waist and the chest. I am told I am loosing x centermeters......frankly....well I suppose I care, I just don't want to hear the results.
Also overheard a conversation that indicated that the neighbours may have a dog collar and lead "to make sure I keep up with Anita".
It is all very well for her, she plays golf at least once if not twice a week. Actually offered to buy her a golf cart thing'y for Xmas but she refused....loves the exercise.
Can't wait for the NY Eve party over the road to see if this collar and lead "appear".
I may be a tough-nut at running a business, but must admit I am somewhat subservient to a wee woman.
Cheers
Phillip