Suzuki versus Honda small 4 stroke

blueteam

Recruit
I need a very light outboard for my canoe. Only the Honda and Suzuki new 4 strokes are light enough. Many have commented that the Honda is very noisy but the Suzuki supposedly is not real quiet either.

A used 2 stroke would serve but I can find anything with a neutral gear which is essential.

Does anyone have experience with the noise level of the Suzuki 2.5DF which would help me out?

beaufort bob

Seaman
Re: Suzuki versus Honda small 4 stroke

blueteam said:
I need a very light outboard for my canoe. Only the Honda and Suzuki new 4 strokes are light enough. Many have commented that the Honda is very noisy but the Suzuki supposedly is not real quiet either.

A used 2 stroke would serve but I can find anything with a neutral gear which is essential.

Does anyone have experience with the noise level of the Suzuki 2.5DF which would help me out?

hello blueteam,

...just a word to the wise ...KNOW YOUR DEALER if you buy a new motor ...MAKE SURE you are allowed to test the motor to your COMPLETE satisfaction BEFORE you finalize the deal (ie: pay the man.) ...I have a DF9.9 Suzuki which I am VERY dissatisfied with and am having absolutely no luck getting my problems resolved thru the dealer or, more importantly Suzuki ...also be advised that Suzuki makes the smaller Johnsons...

...good luck, whatever you do!

...regards, BB

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Suzuki versus Honda small 4 stroke

Honda...Honda...Honda 8)