I'm Gonna' Go Cook Now

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Just thought I'd let ya'll know that. Pepperoni Rolls. Real good. A tad of sauce, moserella cheese and pepperoni. Roll them up, little butter on the top, sprinkle some oregeno on top.........I gotta' go....getting hungry.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: I'm Gonna' Go Cook Now

Uhhh. What time should I come over, OBJ?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Well....got some done. The local cannibals ate them as quick as they came outta' the oven. But that's when there best. Gonna' make some more tonight....ya'll are welcome to attend.....d:)

LadyFish

Admiral

Sounds wonderful Jim.

I helped my daughter make 10 loaves of italian sausage bread yesterday and before we could get them packed up for the neighbors on the street two loaves were gone. lol

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

You wouldn't happen to have a recipe for pepper bread would you? The guy that runs the cafeteria at the plant makes it and it really tastes good with just about anything. It's got a little "zing" to it but not over whelming. Italian sausage bread......that sounds good too....d:)

Nuts....getting hungry again.

LadyFish

Admiral

No pepper bread recipe but I can give you my sausage bread recipe.....

I make my dough from scratch but you can buy the frozen dough, follow the directions for thawing and rising.

When it doubles in size (1 hour for homemade dough) punch down and roll it out on a floured surface. Keep stretching it and rolling it until you have a nice rectangle about 1/2 thick. It's important to keep this thickness consistent throughout your rectangle if possible.

Then cover the rectangle keeping off the sides about an inch with cooked and crumbled Italian sausage, I use mild, then equal parts of grated provolone and mozzarella and about half that amount of grated Swiss. I suppose you could use sliced I just never have.

On top of that I add mushrooms that I've prepared ahead by slicing fresh mushrooms and a couple cloves of fresh garlic minced, sauté in butter until browned then add balsamic vinegar and cook down for a minute or two, add salt, pepper.

Start rolling your dough over the mixture one turn, then fold in the sides (submarine style wrap) until you reach the end. Make sure the seam is tight.

Cover with a cotton towel and rise another hour.

It’s not necessary but I brush the tops of them with a mixture of egg yolk and a splash of water for a nice golden brown color before putting them in the oven.

Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes until nice and brown.

Enjoy!

d:)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

That sounds good. Got it printed out and I'll try it this weekend.....I hope....d:) Thanks a bunch LF.