Info on my Doral 164

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
I have run my serial number through the finder located on this site but all it tells me is that it is a Doral 1985 model. I have searchedand searched for other similar models and come up empty. can anyone help out with further info and point me in the direction to see some others of the same vintage or an old brochure on it.
The serial number is ZDB77746E585
Thanks in advance.
Ken

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Info on my Doral 164

i hope ya find some info on it man. i hate to be a drag, but it seems some boats ya just can't find info on. i hope yours aint one of them. i have a 72 trisonic. in 3 or 4 years of searchin on the www, i've never seen one word on it. short of an ad or two sellin one. good thing is that all the systems i've been able to locate. mercruser drive and engine manuals. all pieces on it are made by some one else, not trisonic. ie attwood blowers, percko nav lights etc. whoever cleats lateda...hope your search goes better than mine has. i'm still searchin for info on my boat.....
one thing i will note. iboats is one place ya may be able to find out yer dry weight of yer boat. i'm sorry i don't know how to direct you there from the forum. i've only found it by searchin the www for info on my boat and it led me back to iboats. that was info that i could not find anywhere else it seemed......good luck and enjoy yer 1985 doral. the hin at least confims that......:)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Thanks for the response ziggy, Sure seems that it will be an uphill battle to find further info. I have not even seen another one anywhere else. The entire family are enjoying this boat so far and can not wait for spring so we can get her back in for the season !!

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

You've got one of the Doral's from the original company (it's changed hands a few times since). Found this on their website though (WWW.DORALBOAT.COM) so it couldn't hurt to shoot them an email with the serial number and see if they can help.

Q: How do I find an owner's manual for my Doral?
A: Many older owner’s manuals are still available. If not an original ... a copy can be provided. Please contact info@doralboat.com. You can also contact your local Doral dealer and supply them with your serial number. This can all be done by phone with a credit card payment and the manual will be delivered to your home.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Thanks for the info, there is hope then !! I am getting right on this and will report back my results.
Thanks again for the help,
Ken.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well the e-mail is sent. I look forward to a response.
Thanks again,
Ken

ruizsantana

Cadet

FYI, Doral is closed until the new year, so don't expect a reply soon.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

ruizsantana said:
FYI, Doral is closed until the new year, so don't expect a reply soon.
Thanks for the heads up. I wont hold my breath then !!!!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well got a response today.
Hello Mr. XXXXXX,

This boat was manufactured by another company in 1985, Doral that became Doral International in 1994.

I have attached a scanned copy of the 1985 Doral Brochure, this is the only info we have. It is the french version tough...we do not have the english version. If you need to translate some sentences, you can go on the following website:

Well it is a huge help as I now know the weights, capacities and max HP. I will post it in the Doral section for everyones reference shortly.

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

That's good news...I'll be honest I didn't think there was much of a chance going back that far but at least you got something!

ps...by the way there is another site run by Doug Dawson here in Ontario who has amassed a huge library of brochures over the years and has a service to sell color copies, here is a link to the site and as you can see he has just about all the years for Doral.

Dawson Site

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Thanks for that. I will check it out.