good buy?

texasjack

Cadet
Trying to get an idea if this boat is a good buy . 1988 skeeter, I think its 18.5 to 19 ft, has 150 merc on it. Black faded paint, been covered, the guy replaced the starter, Has all the fishing eq on it. Wish I would 've wrote down the model number ,get that tomorrow. The boat looks in damn good shape for 1988, is 2500.00 a fair price for a boat of this manufactor and year?

atticus3600s

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: good buy?

texasjack said:
Trying to get an idea if this boat is a good buy . 1988 skeeter, I think its 18.5 to 19 ft, has 150 merc on it. Black faded paint, been covered, the guy replaced the starter, Has all the fishing eq on it. Wish I would 've wrote down the model number ,get that tomorrow. The boat looks in damn good shape for 1988, is 2500.00 a fair price for a boat of this manufactor and year?
Definately take it out for a spin and see how it performs. If there are no lakes around where it is then run the engine on muffs in the yard and really give the boat a thorough go-over.
Also check and see if the transom flexes when you put weight on the motor.
If all the above checks out then you are getting yourself a hell of a deal!
Two years ago I bought a 1984 Skeeter ss-1 Fisherman with a rebuilt 75 merc on it and paid $2700 for it.

aspeck

Staff member
Re: good buy?

If in decent shape, doesn't sound like a bad deal to me, except for that black thing on the back!:devil:8)