Took the boat out today

SoulWinner

Commander
Yes, Dec 17 and we went boating! In shorts and tee shirts! I didn't mention it but I sold my old Sundance and now I have a 20' Crest Pontoon boat. Ms. SW didn't like the wet ride of the skiff, so I sold it and bought the toon. Anyhoo, the weather has been mild and pretty so today I asked if she had anything planned. She said no, so I asked if she would like to go for a boat ride.

It was spectacular out there. The bay was like glass, and we spent about 40 minutes watching a bunch of porpoise fishing. It was really neat when they swam under the boat, or swam along in the wake.

All together a wonderful day on the water.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral
Re: Took the boat out today

Lucky you, I won't see that until April :'(

ricksrster

Commander

I'l be taking my boat out again soon.......How soon is May?

xtraham

Lieutenant

I gotta move...........
action-smiley-081.gif

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

I have many times thought of moving to florida, but in about a month or so the winter steelhead will be running so up goes the top, on goes the heater, ummm a little Kahlua and coffe..:devil: and the games on again.....8).....opps dont need them glasses on up here in Orygun....
shocker.gif

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Yeppers ..... Ya gotta love the nice weather here along the Gulf Coast. We also boated, yesterday and today and we also saw a whole buch of Dolphin feeding on Pogies today.

cartoon-ghost.gif

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

I could be taking the boats out. Except neither of them run. 70+ degrees here. We have been running the AC the week before Christmas.

xtraham

Lieutenant

well at least I'll be eatin some snow cream soon.....:)
cartoon-ghost.gif

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I went with my mother to help her get a Christmas tree from our tree farm. Snow on the ground, about 25 degrees, and the boat is in the garage until at least April.

To say I am envious is an understatement... :) Would be nice to see pics of that new 'toon....

Pony

Rear Admiral

Reel said:
Yeppers ..... Ya gotta love the nice weather here along the Gulf Coast.

You know what I like about the weather here?........no hurricanes.

Mid 30's here which is a warm spell. Had over a foot of snow on the ground but just the big piles are left. I usually won't take the boat out until fishing season opens.

ricksrster

Commander

Right now it is 52 degrees. The water temperature might be a little cooler. Of course this is NY. Next week could be snowing and -0 degrees.

aspeck

Staff member

Will be taking the boat out the day after Christmas (muzzle loader season starts again). Man, I end up doing as much boating in the winter as I do in the summer! Use the boat till the ice gets too thick to break - almost got her stuck on top of the ice once! Yep, I am a bit crazy!

Nova II 260

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm in southern Ohio, it's been in the 50's and 60's the last 6 days. Winterized way to early this year. :( Next year it's the light bulb treatment till after Christmas !! This global warming is starting to PO me...

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nova said:
I'm in southern Ohio, it's been in the 50's and 60's the last 6 days. Winterized way to early this year. :( Next year it's the light bulb treatment till after Christmas !! This global warming is starting to PO me...

You know....a lot of people on here like to pooh pooh the idea of global warming as some political BS. But I for sure remember ice skating on Bear Creek (tributary of Patapsco River, tributary of Chesapeake Bay, where I grew up) well before Christmas regularly back in the 70's. I also lived in a waterfront for 12 years starting in the early 90's not too far away from there, and only used an ice-eater to protect the pier ONE time in 12 winters. And I played golf in short sleeves yesterday - was pushing 70F. Sounds like a trend to me......

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

You know what I like about the weather here?........no hurricanes.
You don't have to live on the coast for it to be warm. I live just N. of atlanta and am 5 hrs from any coastline. By the time the hurrricanes get here they are just a thunderstorm. 72 degrees and sunny here. Man, I wish I could get one of the boats out. People have been telling me the bass are real active under the docks lately.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

74 here today....wish i didn't have my drive off and in pieces in my shop!
Spent the afternoon washing and waxing my truck...

ricksrster

Commander

stevieray said:
Nova said:

You know....a lot of people on here like to pooh pooh the idea of global warming as some political BS. But I for sure remember ice skating on Bear Creek (tributary of Patapsco River, tributary of Chesapeake Bay, where I grew up) well before Christmas regularly back in the 70's. I also lived in a waterfront for 12 years starting in the early 90's not too far away from there, and only used an ice-eater to protect the pier ONE time in 12 winters. And I played golf in short sleeves yesterday - was pushing 70F. Sounds like a trend to me......

The '70's was during the Little Ice Age they have been talking bout on the History Channel. It's been warm here,too. Two years ago it barely made it above zero. The winter before that wasn't so bad. Some winters are colder than others. Remember, we haven't even started winter yet. Last summer was cooler than the summer before.

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Ya know whats even funnier? Last month on the history channel they had a show on the little ice age. As soon as that was over they aired a show on global worming. Apparently one cancels the other one out so we have nothing to worry about.8)