fold away coupler

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: fold away coupler

they are used a lot here in Fla.

zuke1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hey, i had posted in an earlier posting about the same thing... i keep seeing these pictures of the kits they sell... i cant see how that tiny joint where the pin goes in would be able to hold all the weight of a boat.... my boat is light , but it just doesnt seem feesable....

sorry to steal you

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Well, consider this. The entire load is being towed by a 5/8-inch diameter pin that holds the ball mount in the receiver. The swing tongue is fine.

MRS

Commander

A major company would not sell it if it did not work they do the foot work and know it will work before they even think of offering it in there catolog (lawsuit). Plus I am having my trailer modified but I am having a certified welder do the work on my trailer makes me feel safer. I have done some cutting of extra parts that I wanted off and had friends weld a little stuff for me but when comes to the tounge I want certified.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

these couplers have been around for years, and are 100% reliable, and are used mostly on larger boats, to shorten the trailer for storage. you just have to get the proper load rating.