2000 Four Winns 190 Horizon

I am looking at trading for a slightly larger and newer boat. I found a 2000 FW 190 with a 4.3L Volvo (190 hp) that is in great shape. I have owned two Sea Rays before and currently own a Sea Ray. The boat looks like it it a good solid boat. Can anyone confirm this? Anything I should be aware of or look for on the FW?

Also, I like to ski and tube with several adult friends on the boat. The dealer says the 4.3L will pull better than my current 3.0L 17' Sea Ray. Any comments on this.

I appreciate any comments.

kagr80000

Cadet
Re: 2000 Four Winns 190 Horizon

I also had to trade up from the 3.0L in my 88 Donzi to my 97 Fourwinns 180RX with the 4.3L 190 hp and it's like night and day.

Mt 3.0 would top out at 32 mph with 1 person and 26 mph with 3 people in the boat.

Now my 4.3L runs 46 Mph with 1 person and 41 with 5 people in the boat and it gets right up on plane in seconds.

Smartest move I made but now I want a V8 and so on

serski

Recruit

Can't go wrong with the four winns, previously owned an 87 17ft open bow, had it for 6 years, now own a 99 20ft open bow. Love it! I always get comments on people thinking the boat is newer than it actually is. Plenty of power. This one has the 5 liter v8, but my previous had the 4.3. 4.3 still has good power though. This is a great all around boat, I've never had any major problems besides yearly maintenance stuff!

bigchall

Recruit

I have a 1996 Four Winns 20' and I love to slolum. The hull shape puts off a great wake. As for the engine I have the volvo peta 4.2? Are kids bring all theire friends 20 somthings. with eight adults he can still pull at tube. but only six two hundred pound guys can be on when he pulls my but out of the water to slolum/ I think thats pretty good for a 19.5'boat. and the gas miledge is still good. once you get any bigger than 22' the gas miledge plumets. At 11 years old our four winns is in impecable shape. never had any expensive problems after 300 hours on the engine.
The key to a used boat is the routine maintenance record. winterize/summerize. atune up and a new impellor every year. If it has been kept in covered storage, you can bet it has been well maintained. Just some hints.

big c hall