SeaKing water tube grommet

morpheus847

Cadet
Well i was replacing some gaskets on my seaking and noticed some rust starting on the inside of my reeds. Well upon further inspection found out the water tube grommet on the engine side has come apart and blew out the exhaust i guess. Needless to say letting water in my engine. Hopefully i found it in time. Anyone know where i might find a grommet to fit this or have an idea how to make one up somehow

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: SeaKing water tube grommet

Many companies have built Sea Kings we need a model number.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: SeaKing water tube grommet

Your motor was built by Clinton,74,75.They have been out of business for a number of years.This phone number 1-563-652-2411
used to work for parts.The last I heard you had to leave a message.While you should try to solve the grommet problem it wouldn't seem likely the rust on your reeds is from your watertube.There is a lower seal on the crank
and if you are getting water way up there you probably haver more problems than rust on the reeds.
I think the rust is more likely the result of some humidity
in the air.some slight incident where a little water got in.It would also seem unlikely to get rust there because of the oil in the fuel mix,There is a possibility the rust was there when it was assembled.
Just occured to me the water is supposed only cool the leg perhaps there is no grommet.