Impellar question

thisdj1

Cadet
Im going to have to replace the seals in the gear case and was wondering if i should go ahead and replace the impellar while i was at it. the impellar was working the last time i had the motor started...working atleast enough to get the force "spray" should i just get a new impellar or impellar kit. i know its a good idea to replace the impellar each year however i was wondering if that meant just the impellar or the whole set up. any advice help would be greatly appreciated.

mrflorida

Cadet
Re: Impellar question

When I got my used boat I replaced mine. Not that tough of a job, it was a bit of a trick getting it back in. I found there was some sand in little around the Impellar also that I cleaned up. Since you are like me (your time is not worth as much as a mechanics ;-) its a cheap part too.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

If you are going to take the lower unit apart to re seal you may as well replace the impeller. If pump has no pits or scratches just replace the impeller.

D

DJ

Absolutely. It's kind of silly to drop the L/U and not replace it, unless you just did it.

mizzfixit

Recruit

I am looking for a reasonably priced impellar for a 1979 Chrysler model #: 47h9f,4H.P. outboard engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :/

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

I am sure this is not the answer you are looking for. Small Chrysler parts are almost impossible to find. Merc still sells an impeller for that motor and the part number is 47-F521065-1. Unfortuanatly it cost aound $50. An impeller for my chrylser 45 horse is around $20 dollars . Go figure.