If terrorist love the dems

txswinner

Banned
How come they came out after the election stating they will not stop until they eliminate the white house?

Maybe they recognize that if our full attention is not lost on Iraq maybe we can actually work on eliminating the cells that intend to attack us.

crunch

Commander
Re: If terrorist love the dems

Na, those cells will be here when the Dems cut and run.

woodrat

Ensign

You repub apologists capable of speaking in your own words, or is it all just slogans and buzzwords from the playbook?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

txswinner said:
How come they came out after the election stating they will not stop until they eliminate the white house?

Maybe they recognize that if our full attention is not lost on Iraq maybe we can actually work on eliminating the cells that intend to attack us.

it's not "rocket surgery",tex.
If you wanted to steal a car, wouldn't you like the owner to hand you the keys?
macmuhd has our keys now, and he is happy.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

"t's not "rocket surgery",tex.
If you wanted to steal a car, wouldn't you like the owner to hand you the keys?
macmuhd has our keys now, and he is happy."

They have always had the keys, since day one. Anyone who is willing to die for his cause will always have the upper hand. We will always be playing catch-up. Thats just a fact of life when you have a giant organization like the U.S. trying to deal with small groups of individuals who can stay off the grid and remain undetected until planes fly into buildings. They do give off tell-tale signs, like learning to fly planes but not really paying attention during the landing classes. Just little things like that. We just need to pay better attention.

The sobering reality is that the money we wasted on Iraq could have purchased the technology to secure every airport, port and border in this country.

A greater misuse of our resources I cannot imagine...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

JasonJ said:
They have always had the keys, since day one. Anyone who is willing to die for his cause will always have the upper hand.
For a little while anyhow.
The Japanese had "kamakaze pilots".. One man - one small aircraft.. They could take out aircraft carriers as easily as highrises. But they could only do it once. It's a flawed strategy upon the face of it, Jason.
It simply did not make rational sense, even tho the carnage they caused was great.. They ran outta planes and trained/duped morons to fly them.
As soon as being a duped moron and blowing yerself up in crowded places runs out of vogue, things will be easier to deal with. Until that day, keep an eye on your six at the stadiums and malls. You're a little safer at home.
JasonJ said:
We will always be playing catch-up. Thats just a fact of life when you have a giant organization like the U.S. trying to deal with small groups of individuals who can stay off the grid and remain undetected until planes fly into buildings. They do give off tell-tale signs, like learning to fly planes but not really paying attention during the landing classes. Just little things like that. We just need to pay better attention.

The sobering reality is that the money we wasted on Iraq could have purchased the technology to secure every airport, port and border in this country.

A greater misuse of our resources I cannot imagine...
We have always done so in the past. And some day we once again will take it to the mutants. After this disgusting "social experement" has run it's course, and the premise has been tried and has failed in horrible ways yet unknown. In the meantime, some of us will be taking notes.
"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it" --- the majority of voters have officially forgoten.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Yeah, I'm hearin' what your sayin' 12. I do feel that there is a fundamental difference between the Japanese and the terrorists. The Japanese did what they did out of honor, and they did it because they were realizing they were being over powered. The terrorists do it out of a maniacal distortion of religion and hate. I think the terrorists are much more dangerous than the japanese ever could be. The Japanese got the hint right around the time the Fat Man landed and made things glow. They stopped out of preservation of their country. The terrorists don't think like that. If we started nuking one muslim city each day until terorism stopped, the problem would just get worse. We have already shown that burning tons of cash and ammo doesn't work. We need to throttle way back, and deal with these cells on individual levels. We have satellites that can read the tramp stamp on a 22 year old girls lower back, we have the ability to see and know anything anywhere, yet we still plod along WW II style. Modern times call for modern thinking. The terrorists know this, that is why they remain ahead of the game. We need to get ahead of the game, and the current way is not how it is done. Someone needs to explain to me why it is unpatriotic to suggest that we work smarter, not harder.

This is 2006, the administration has ran this war like it is 1946. Get the old fart thinking out of the planning, lets get some fresh, realistic thinking in there. Maybe its time to stop letting old farts run the show....

crunch

Commander

A lot of good points Jason, but I'd like to interject this.

It's not the old farts that need to go. All of the upper echelon of the military are old farts, but old farts with experience and know how.

The problem is we have politicians trying to run the war on a day to day basis for political objectives, not tactical objectives... same happened in Viet Nam.

It doesn't matter if the party in charge is Republicans or Democrats, the results would be the same.

Some how this country has to get the politicians out of the loop and let the Generals fight the war... let the politicians decide when to fight, then let the military do the job.

treedancer

Commander

Guess this will mean two more years of old fart s running the military. But at least, without the rubber stamp behind him.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
. Robert "Bob" Michael Gates (born September 25, 1943) is the president of Texas A&M University, as well as a former Director of Central Intelligence. He is currently the nominee for the office of United States Secretary of Defense. Gates served for 26 years in the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Security Council. Under President George H.W. Bush, he served as Director of Central Intelligence. After leaving the CIA, he wrote his memoirs,[1] became president of Texas A&M University, and was a member of several corporate boards. Gates served as a member of the bipartisan commission headed by James A. Baker III, the Iraq Study Group, that has studied the Iraq campaign. He was also the first pick to head the Department of Homeland Security when it was created following the September 11, 2001 attacks

PW2

Commander

The old "farts" are what we are bringing in to fix the mess we are in. All from Bush 41's administration, who understood the pitfalls of taking out Saddam without something to put in to fill the void.

FTR, I support the "old fart" strategy.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Yeah, maybe I should modify the intent of my ramblings. Inexperienced old farts need to go. Someone who is an old fart whose experience lies in business should not be involved in military planning. We need people who know how to plan a military operation, that is what the current admin is sorely lacking. Maybe Gates will bring things around, we can hope at least.

bassman284

Commander

In this case, the "old farts" coming in = responsible adults.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

BoomYal.jpg

Well if thing's get out of hand, here's one old fart's answer to the terrorist's (inspired by BoomYal)

And she has a garmin guidance system.............it wont miss..............

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

I have said many times, it is time to fight this war like a war. Take the damn gloves off and finish it. Yeah, you can never get all of them, but it would be a damn good start. Sorry about the collateral damage, but if these folks don't want to stand up for themselves, so be it.

Stay and finish the job! I sure hope the dems don't get their wish of "redeploying" the troops,it will send the wrong message, just has Somila did, to the enemy.

woodrat

Ensign

"Stay and finish the job!"

exactly which job are you talking about finishing? Wasn't "mission accomplished" back in May of 2003 or thereabouts?

at this point, I'm not sure how you would fight this war (iraq) as a war, since it seems like it is way past being a war... now it is endless policing and counterinsurgency, but not a "war" that you could fight like one.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

woodrat said:

exactly which job are you talking about finishing? Wasn't "mission accomplished" back in May of 2003 or thereabouts?

at this point, I'm not sure how you would fight this war (iraq) as a war, since it seems like it is way past being a war... now it is endless policing and counterinsurgency, but not a "war" that you could fight like one.

OK, let me explain "Mission Accomplished" to you ONCE again. Major conflict was over, no more sorties; no tank battles no cruise missles.Get the idea or do you need a picture to understand? I'm sure my 6 year old niece could draw one for you Rat.

Fight it like a war, obliterate Sadar city and take out Sadar and any other instigator. Find a city that has been taken over by "insurants" take it out. Do you need me to explain it further for you? Maybe another picture from my niece would help?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Translation:
Kill 'em all & let God sort 'em out.......;)

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Haut said:
Translation:
Kill 'em all & let God sort 'em out.......;)

WOW. 2 for 2, Rat saw the light today as well!! Glad to see you coming around!

woodrat

Ensign

OK, so major combat is over and we won. Now we need to get busy with some more major combat, because we still haven't won.

Got it.

Thanks so much for the clarification. You've probably noticed by now how dumb I am, and it was really kind of you to repeat yourself, more loudly than before, so I can finally believe what you believe...

Oh, and I've noticed how well your strategy has worked for Israel, I'm sure we will find the same kind of success with it in Iraq.