Project - Sylvan DLX SS

SwampThing

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello new to the board although I've been lerking for a bit. After having some good success with a 1986 bayliner restoration I pick this gem up for free.
Talk about an ugly boat. Picked up a 75hp Johnson v4 for it as well.

I'm having a real hard time finding an info on it though. Especially pictures.
I'm pretty sure it's a 1992. Manufacture date isn't on the tag, but I found a date on the gas tank of 1992. According to the tag on the hull it's a 19ft SS DLX OB. I did find a sales book from 1990 on ebay with a picture of it on the cover and a couple of pics from a classifieds site, but I'd really like to find some more detailed info on it. I beginning to think these were one of Sylvan's disowned ugly ducklings.

Well it's all there so it's just a question of some new upholstry and carpet. After that the sky's the limit. For the price you can't really hurt it, but I wouldn't mind doing something neat with it .
If anyone knows where I can dig up more info on it and pictures, give me a holler - thanks. Now I'm going to have to figure out how to upload the pic.

Attachments

• PTOON-1.jpg
    48 bytes · Views: 0

SwampThing

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Project - Sylvan DLX SS

Okay thanks for the link to photobucket. Simple enough.
I uploaded a picture of the boat I was talking about - it's the green DLX
and then I uploaded a picture I found just to say it could be worse - that one's pink! Actually I think it used to be red before it faded, just thought it was humorous. Also included a picture of the Bayliner Cuddy from before I did any restorations. Comments suggestions, CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms always appreciated (or filed).
Thanks.
B3666.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r240/RootCap/
90184200692310347382_102_q1.jpg
PTOON-1.jpg

SwampThing

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Okay the pink one didn't come through, Try it again.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r240/RootCap/90184200692310347382_102_q1.jpg

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

it's a basic deck boat. probably wrap around the bow, back to the indent of the gunnel, with a bench across the stearn. maybe a pedistal table in the bow. 8 ft high rise bimini. have you looked at boattraders.com deckboats. they had some similar. that pink one is really ugly. doubt you will find the splash shield for the bow. it's a fairly heavy boat. hope the 75 is adequate.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

looked it up on NADA boats, the 92 19' SS DLX weighs in at 1700 lbs dry. thats a whole lot for a 75 to push.