Voting in Florida

aspeck

Staff member
Many of you know I am currently visiting in West Palm Beach, FL. (BTW, Snapper and I have had a couple opportunities to fish and we have been successful in the ICW, Thursday we are going for the Bigguns!) This morning we heard a radio advert for voting - the tag line told people to vote because that way "one voice could become many." Huh? Is that why they have the early voting, so one voice can vote multiple times? I am confused. Wife was also.

Tonight we heard on the news they were having trouble with the voting machines - can't get the paper ballets right, can't get the electronic ballets right. No offense Snapper, but what is it with these South Floridians and voting?

crunch

Commander
Re: Voting in Florida

Too many hanging Chads, not enough brains... excluding Snapper of course. 8)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Beats me, Bubba.. We seem to have the biggest group of fools and crooks for leaders.. It's absolutely pathetic..:'( The inmates ARE running the asylum here, me thinks...

I'm totally against the early voting... I say get your butt to the polls on election day..... and if ya can't, then do your absentee ballot...

ps.. Aspeck.. you have e-mail..8)

aspeck

Staff member

Got it - cool pics - except for the one of the whale floating in the water.:%8) I have some that I will be sending your way - probably when I get home. Thanks. and remember ...

....vote so your voice can become many! ???:=

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Former city comissioner, Ray Liberti... Doing Time...
Former county comissioner, Masolotti.... Looks like he's gonna be doing time...
Oh...... Mark Foley............nuff said.....(ya.. my district)

Several City comissioners, and the Mayor herself, are currently being looked at by a grand jury...... Lot of blatently obvious inside land dealing going on there with the downtown developement... Pretty sure some more will resign, at the very least..

Me...?.... For the first time in a looong time.. I'm not voting... There are none to vote for... Boil off the BS and look at their track records.... it's sad...

crunch

Commander

snapperbait said:
Former city comissioner, Ray Liberti... Doing Time...
Former county comissioner, Masolotti.... Looks like he's gonna be doing time...
Oh...... Mark Foley............nuff said.....(ya.. my district)

Several City comissioners, and the Mayor herself, are currently being looked at by a grand jury...... Lot of blatently obvious inside land dealing going on there with the downtown developement... Pretty sure some more will resign, at the very least..

Just out of curiosity, what is the break down as far as Dem and Rep?

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Foley.. rep
Liberti... rep
Masolotti.. rep

You see a pattern here?

But wait a while... They're currently after a couple dems too...
8)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

aspeck said:
Got it - cool pics - except for the one of the whale floating in the water.:%8)

I thought that was the coolest one..8)

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

Let me guess Snapper, selective investigative stories by overwhelmingly liberal press and selective prosecution by Democrat DAs.

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

VOTEDUMMY.gif

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Only a jackass would want to butt heads with an elephant.
Why would an elephant stoop so low to butt heads with a jackass?
Perhaps the elephant is not really an elephant at all.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

willamettejeff said:
Let me guess Snapper, selective investigative stories by overwhelmingly liberal press and selective prosecution by Democrat DAs.

Not really....
Foley... ah..ya'll know that story...

Liberti got brought down by the FBI.... He took over $60,000 in bribes from an undercover FBI agent.... Don't think the FBI is overwhelmingly liberal... The Liberal procecuter went easy on him... 18 months, instead of 50 years, since Liberti is co-operating with investigators.... He's talking, and the rest are sweating....8)

Masolotti basically got nailed by his ex wife during their divorce... Little funny-strange secret government land deal that the FBI's looking at... oopsy...

And as far as the selective liberal blah blah blah....It just does'nt wash, Dude....They're ALL dirty politicians down here, and they're all in cahoots with each other to make as much real estate $$$$$$ from their offices as they possibly can...... I would bet everything I have that you'll see the Mayor of west palm go down (Lois Frankel).. She's a flaming democrat, BTW, who is currently being looked at by a federal grand jury..... Plus a few of the city comissioners who are also, Democrats....

it's all about the real estate.... Dem, Rep, other.. I hope they get em' all...:|

oh i'm moving slooooow this mornin'...8)

oddjob

Commander

quote:it's all about the real estate.... Dem, Rep, other.. I hope they get em' all...

Yep....

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

Ok, if were going to say there are a whole lot of crooked politicians without reference to any particular party them I'm certainly with you.