Questions hooking up steering

flyinace

Cadet
I just bought a small 10 ft 2 seater little race type boat. It currently has teleflex steering in it. All my motors are older OMC pulley type motors from the 50's. Is there a way to adapt this with a kit? If anyone has some kind of part numbers that would be awesome. I really dont want to convert to pulley system if I don't have to. This looks like a great site with alot of helpful replies. Thanks for any help, I'd sure appreciate it. Ken

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Questions hooking up steering

this is a '55 15 hp rude. it has ez guide stick steering, but is the same principle as teleflex.
5515hp.jpg

the yellow wire is for the running light, mounted on the starboard side of the engine.

flyinace

Cadet

flyinace said:
I just bought a small 10 ft 2 seater little race type boat. It currently has teleflex steering in it. All my motors are older OMC pulley type motors from the 50's. Is there a way to adapt this with a kit? If anyone has some kind of part numbers that would be awesome. I really dont want to convert to pulley system if I don't have to. This looks like a great site with alot of helpful replies. Thanks for any help, I'd sure appreciate it. Ken

flyinace

Cadet

Thanks for the helpful suggestions and picture. I'll have to do some thinking and come up with something. Thanks,Ken

rdh022064

Recruit

I was going to ask the same question but i found that someone had already asked it. So i am very happy to say that i found what i was wanting to know and i want to thank you very much.