Fuse Retainer Caps

Dutchfin

Recruit
Any Ideas where I might find the caps to hold my fuses in my dash panel? Just purchased a 1975 Glassmaster for renovation and found I was missing 4 of the 5 caps to hold the fuses in. The only one that had a working fuse was the first switch I came to, tracing it from the motor, the power/trim switch. Worked fine, but key would'nt turn the engine. I'm guessing I need those fuses to continue the link across the panel to the key switch? Don't really want to add a new fuse panel if I could find the fuse caps for the original set-up. Any help here would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Dutchfin

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuse Retainer Caps

Take the cap with you to Radio Shack or preferably an electronic surplus/military electronic surplus store. They generally have boxes and bins full of this stuff.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

As for the engine start function, fuses are not linked together to reach another circuit. One fuse, one circuit. Check for 12V at the ignition switch. If its not there, the feed comes through the harness from the engine, not the dash. If you do have 12V at the switch, the switch is either bad or there is a problem between the switch and the engine.

Dutchfin

Recruit

Thanks for the quick reply guys. I guess the next thing to do after I replace the fuses is check the switch, or just go ahead and replace it. I know I have power to the switch as I can see lights on some of the gauges when I turn it on. It just doesn't turn the starter. I know I have power to the engine as I bumped the starter direct and she started turning over. Just a proceess of elimination I guess.....

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

But you apparently don't have power from the "S" terminal on the switch when the key is in the START position. That terminal feeds power to the small terminal on the starter solenoid actuating it. When it actuates the two large terminals are connected and the starter spins. Put a voltmeter on the small terminal on the solenoid and have someone turn the key to start. Should see 12V.