1978 350 Searay, Mercurser 260 Carb question.

imported_Mefish

Recruit
I got an Edelbrock 1409 600 cfm new carb that is suposed to be a replacement for me Rochester Quadrajet # 17059288 but it ain't. It does not line up with the small bores. I set this carb on the manifold & opened the throttle & the butterflys bind up on the intake bore because they are not in line. Bout a half inch off. The seller said I need a spacer but I don't like that idea because the holes will be so mis-aligned. Any suggestions, like should I just buy a rebuilt carb from the dealer since there are no more new ones out there? Thanks, from California...

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1978 350 Searay, Mercurser 260 Carb question.

If it were Me,...........

I'd be taking a Die-Grinder to the Manifold,....... til it Fit..........

imported_Mefish

Recruit

Well thanks, but as "I never listen to anybody" so my Dad says, I went & got an adaptor plate for $18.oo. It said Quadrajet to square bore or something like that & all is well now. Turns out the small additional height I gained turned out to make the adaptation easier, if you could say that. It wasn't really hard, just time consuming. Regards Mefish.

imported_Mefish

Recruit

The plate was supposed to say $18.oo. I don't see the edit button so I did the correction this way. Is that the reset button?