Larson Winterizeing & maintence questions?

funkymonkee

Recruit
I'm in the process of buying a 1998 Larson Sunbridge Cabrio unfortunitly for the boat its the wrong time of year to put her in the cold salt water. The previous owner had always kept the boat in fresh watch & previously stored.
I was lucky enough to find docking in Vancouver but not until December 1st through the cold months.

Any advise on winterization on Larson boat new to salt water & colder waters would be very appriciated?

I'm very excited to don't want to wreak my boat on my first season.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Larson Winterizeing & maintence questions?

what engine i/o or ob. best winterization is not in the water.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Re: Larson Winterizeing & maintence questions?

If it needs to be done immediately,I would recommend paying a pro to do it for you and you can watch him to get an idea of what he is doing.I highly recommend reading the manual for winterizing procedure before hand so that when you observe it being done,you will be able to relate to it better.What you can do is pump out the head and flush a few gallons of pink antifreeze into the system.Then turn on your pressure pump and open all of your faucets and shower and let them run empty until they spit pressure out.Then put 3-4 gallons of pink af in the tank and run all faucets and shower again until the pink af comes out of each faucet both cold and hot one at a time.You can also change the oil in the motor(s) if you know how.