Oregons widely accepted liberal mouthpiece rag,

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
the Oregonian, just endorsed a Republican for Governor. They have not done so since 1952. The two leading candidates, incidentaly have been running neck and neck in the polls.

What the hey? I thought the next two years were going to be a run away for the Dems.

The truth is that even the normally left leaning Oregonians have had enough of the liberal tax and spend programs that do nothing but make the propogators feel good about themselves.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Oregons widely accepted liberal mouthpiece rag,

Good thing that "Rag" doesn't get to declare the winner of the election....;).......JK

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Haut said:
Good thing that "Rag" doesn't get to declare the winner of the election....;).......JK

One more statement of confirmation that Haut believes that the 'state' can have as much of you as they want to take?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Don't know what the 'state' has to do with it....
Please elaborate......JK

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Haut said:
Don't know what the 'state' has to do with it....
Please elaborate......JK

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source
state

"the body politic as organized for civil rule and government"

Got it Haut? note, it was a small case s.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Still fail to see the connection with regard to my remark.....
The "rag", (your word), can endorse anyone they want.....
It doesn't mean that person will be elected......
I don't know enough about Oregon's politics to comment, other than one paper's endorsement shouldn't matter.....JK

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Sorry if I misinterpereted your remark Haut. I took it that you were gleeful that an endorsement of a Republican would not insure his victory. (meaning that there was still hope that the tax and spend liberal incumbant might still win) Which of course, I recognize he might but an indorsement by such a powerful entity cannot be good in a close race.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I guess....
From my perspective, I don't care who any newspaper endorses......
It is that newspaper's opinion......JK

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Actually living here i oregon i can tell you the state is really not that liberal, if you were to talk to people here (not about politics) just everyday life and events youd find they are really conservative. Get outside of the portland metro and its pretty much the same.

Now here lies the liberal slant Its the state government, @ the very top im sorry to say the a bunch of wack job's. There policies are really out of touch with reality and they have no limit's to futher there agenda. One heated agenda is the PERS system and any offical that will come out and try to change this bankrupt sys is in real trouble, top offical's will openly tell the rank and file public employee's that if they vote for a conservative canditate they are going to lose there pension's (Believe it)

Are teacher unions are very much the same way, @ election time the unions corral the members and threaten them how any conservative offical will change there lives for the worse (again money and finacial related) very bad influence.

Then there's the farming community, just try and speak of illegal immagrants, and your threating there cheap labor labor force and again your out the door. Ohh i might add there now is a movement to expose how many are on the state's payroll's

There's just to much bs @ the top, and they have so much athourity and so broad (in every form of the govenering body ............. we no longer have any watch dog's................and with the oregonian coming out of the closet so to speak you may be right, it almost un heard of. But it's not the people as a whole its the good old boy network @ the top.

Goverment employees' union
teacher's union
Corporate farm's
And yes the oregonian
There's the liberal's and there power is out of control.

Umm just a opinion.
wasntme.gif

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Haut said:
I guess....
From my perspective, I don't care who any newspaper endorses......
It is that newspaper's opinion......JK

You make it sound so straight forward there my northern freind, and that is not the case. The rag we are talking about will not report the fact's but a story that fit into what is polictically correct for the power's that be, make no mistake of that. And when challenged by the am media complex they do not even respond nor are they held to any kind of accounting by any governing body, after all we have freespeech do we not, a right to a opinion ..................which is why they are called a rag or The Daily Fish Wrapper...........:love:

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I left out the part where I will form my own opinion on the candidates regardless of what newspaper endorses whom.....
As I stated, I don't know anything about Oregon's politics, sounds like the unions & the corporate farms are running the show, not the elected officials?
& these are the liberals , not the average person in the street?
If it is a rag & supports a certain candidate, what does that make that candidate?
Hmmmmmm?........JK

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Haut said:
I left out the part where I will form my own opinion on the candidates regardless of what newspaper endorses whom.....
As I stated, I don't know anything about Oregon's politics, sounds like the unions & the corporate farms are running the show, not the elected officials?
& these are the liberals , not the average person in the street?
If it is a rag & supports a certain candidate, what does that make that candidate?
Hmmmmmm?........JK

Agreed it is very intresting to see that development very........

LubeDude

Admiral

It`s almost imposable to believe!:^