Yamaha OX66 225 bent throttle shaft

Suncoug

Seaman Apprentice
My comedy of errors continues... I managed to bend the throttle shaft on 2002 SX225 outboard. I think I can take it out and straighten it out. However, it would be good to know if I can buy this part without having to chuck out $2,000 for the throttle body assembly. Individual parts from the throttle body don't seem be to available. At least, that is what the Yamaha dealers have told me. Please let me know if anyone knows a place where I can buy this part. Thanks!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha OX66 225 bent throttle shaft

nope, no seperate parts for that. I may have one but it will be the 17th before I get back to look.
call some places like southwest or outboard recyclers and check with some of the iboats powerhead places.

Suncoug

Seaman Apprentice

Wow, that is kind of amazing. I guess these are not the sort parts that wear out much or break unless you mess it up...

Mr RB, thanks again for your help on this. I will call them and see if they can help me.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

its more of the fact that if the screws are not properly bucked over they can fall out of the throttle shaft and be injested in the motor crating damage like you have never seen,
usually the screws will break when you attempt to remove them as they are designed not to be removed.

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

I saw the complete unit on ebay for an asking bid of $100.00 a day or so ago.

Suncoug

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I missed the one on eBay. Rodbolt, do you have one for sale? I sent you a PM.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

beats me, ill look at the scrap motor pile and see .
its not mine to sell but I will look and see if Joe has one. to bad its not HPDI there are a few of them out there.

Suncoug

Seaman Apprentice

OK. Thanks Mr. RodBolt for taking your time to help me. I have emailed a dozen yards but so far I haven't had luck. Please let me know if Joe has one that he want to sell.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

well I found 2 but both are stuck .
the motors sank sometime back.
ill look in one more spot.

Suncoug

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks a lot for looking, Mr. Rodbolt. I take it they are corroded badly.