Autoblend removal (Classic 50)

onesdman

Cadet
The autoblend was removed from my Classic Fifty. The problem is the no/low oil alarm was never disconnected and is driving me nuts. Can I disable it by removing the wires from the block near the overheat sensor ? How can I disable the alarm ?

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Autoblend removal (Classic 50)

Remove the 3-wire harness from the motor (the one that came from the AutoBlend). But it shouldn't be sounding, even with the harness attached. Methinks you have another problem. Could be a wiring problem, overheat sensor problem, water pump problem, even a problem with the alarm itself.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: Autoblend removal (Classic 50)

The over temp and oil level on my engine ground out (short) to cause the alarm to sound. Willie may be right in that if yours is the same, disconnecting the connector would interrupt any grounding action and the alarm shouldn't be sounding. So if it is, something is shorted.

Since the autoblend was an add on feature prior to the 3 cyl engines, I doubt that you have a warning module under the cowling that could be bad causing your problem......like could happen with the newer designs.

Mark