Boat pulls left

dbric36

Seaman
My boat I just got pulls to the left. There is slight damage to the fins on left side of lower unit. Is there any adjustments I can made to reduce the pull. 87 Wellcraft 192 Cuddie with 165 3.7L Mercruiser I/O Alpha 1

Attachments

• PA010024.JPG
    49 bytes · Views: 0
  • PA010022.JPG
  • PA010023.JPG

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner
Re: Boat pulls left

dbric;

Let's assume that you are getting the pull to the left at crusing speed.

Let's also assume that it is steering and not a list to port.

Look at your steering tab on the bottom of the anti ventilation flage directly above the propeller.

If you are talking about a list to port as well as a tendancy to steer in that direction , then I would suggest you look at the Hydrofoil (if you have one) and remove it. Your list is from two issues. One is the prop torque especially if you have a stainless steel prop, and two the hydrofoil will exagerate the list because it lifts the boat too much once it is on plain, driving the bow down.

If you have no hydrofoil, then my question would be are you trimming the motor up once you are at cruising speeds? If not do so and see what happens.

blouderback

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here's a picture of the little trim tab thingy just above your prop. Try loosening the bolt above it and turning it slightly to the right (I think) to counteract the rotation of the prop.

imported_Captain Morgan

Seaman Apprentice

blouderback said:
Here's a picture of the little trim tab thingy just above your prop. Try loosening the bolt above it and turning it slightly to the right (I think) to counteract the rotation of the prop.

Aren't you suppose to turn the tab left if your boat is easier to steer left(ie pulls left)?

blouderback

Petty Officer 1st Class

I can't remember - left or right, port or starboard....
Try it to the left, and if it's worse, try it to the right.