Wards Sea King help, please.

g352nv

Recruit
I bought a 9.6hp sea king about a month ago. The seller said it ran perfect:| Turns out it doesnt. I replaced the plug and changed the leaky fuel fittings. After that the motor fired right up! Well I took it out the first time today on the water. I had to run it at half choke the whole time to get it to run strong. It runs great like this but its a pain to adjust the choke all the time. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? Thanks for any info, Steve

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral
Re: Wards Sea King help, please.

Does it have a built-in tank above the powerhead or does it use a portable tank that attaches with hoses? If it's a built in tank, sounds like the carb innards are dirty. If it uses a remote tank, sounds like the fuel pump problem.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Probably needs a carb rebuiuld and you should go through the fuel system from tank to carb with special attention to cleaning.If the system is gunked up it will jusy mess up the carb again.Also if you only changed one plug there are 2.

g352nv

Recruit

Hmm I only saw one plug. It has a seprate tank. Im sure the carb and bowl needs to be cleaned out. Does anyone know where I can get parts for sea kings? Thanks guys for the info!

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

We'll need a model number probably something like VWB 27009 or something similar. to tell who built the motor for them.Most likely built by Chrysler which later became Force in C. 85.
chrysler parts can be hard to find.It appears that about 1/2 that size Chrysler don't have a carb kit listed.

g352nv

Recruit

Thanks, yeah Ill get a # soon. I really thank you guys for the help!

davidmorris2

Recruit
1964 wards sea king 5hp/need diaphram

1964 wards sea king 5hp/need diaphram

where can I get a diaphram for a 1964 5hp sea king? It is a water cooled engine

Last edited: