Bass Tournament Results-Good or Bad!!!!

KCLOST

Commander
I thought I would start this post that maybe us tournament fisherman can all add to during the season.<br /><br />Feel free to talk about the format, the lake, the weather, water temp, clarity, etc. What worked, what didn't, where the fish were or weren't, depth, what lures/colors you used and most importantly how you did...<br />I don't expect everyone to be 100% honest and that's ok. We don't even have to name the lake that was fished if we are a little reluctant to give out too much info. ;) But it will be fun if we can share our successes or failures. Maybe we'll all learn something and all get better.<br /><br />I'll have my first recap after this coming Sunday..<br />Good luck, and feel free to add your stories on this post anytime!

Ron G

Commander
Re: Bass Tournament Results-Good or Bad!!!!

I agree i think its a great idea.I got a tourny tomarrow and every wenesday.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Just making it back to the launch in one piece is a victory for me. :D

KCLOST

Commander

Well, we had a pretty good day, considering!!!<br /><br />Fishing an 8 hour tournament, pro-am format, at a lake just north of Kansas City..<br />Water temp around 52. Talk around here was that the fish were hitting stick baits, tubes and spinnerbaits.. <br />We tried that early in the morning (stick and spinner baits) for about 4 hours but didn't have any luck. Decided to move up the lake into the creeks and got a couple of fish on tubes around rock banks that were obvious changes in structure to the surounding bank that was either pea gravel or mud... My parter caught the first two with his crazy looking tube bait which I have no idea what it was called... <br />I caught the bigger two fish with a football jig with a frog-craw trailer, and the other with a Denny b. jig with a No. 11 pork trailer... We didn't miss any fish, the bite was slow, just had a cold front come through on Friday evening.<br />We thought we did pretty well, but didn't think we were in the money. None of the fish were over 2.5-3 pounds. (this lake is tough, 15" length limit).<br /><br />Ended up, finishing 5th out of a 72 boat field.. Pretty happy, and well up in the points for the possible "fish-off" later in the year...<br /><br />Others above us, "aparently" caught them on spinner baits in both shallow and deep water! Which we tried for quite a while but never even got a bit.....<br /><br />I'm happy, and will cash a check!!!!

FLATHEAD

Commander

Always nice to bring home a little $. Most of the tournys here are 15 inch limit. Makes for some nice weight at the scales.

Ron G

Commander

Had a rough day saturday.Friday night all them storms came through.anyway got to lake and my partner blistered my arse from the back of the boat with a spinnerbait he ende up with 3 keepers right at9LBS and tons of non keepers,i had i keeper and lost a monster fish,we was fishing 1 too 3 feet of water and had to have grass.the water was real murky with wind and waves i threw my spinner across this real dark spot and bam the dark spot moved :) I fouled her in the side of head and spinner poped loose :mad: we eased on up there was she was and her bed was cleaned out the size of a truck tire.<br /> I lost a bunch of fish and dont know why,but my partner was throwing a spinnerbait with 2 weird looking blades the fish seemed to want it.The lake i was fishing water temp 70's some fish was still on bed some were off and some were still moving up.

Gone

Petty Officer 1st Class

Come on SUN! It's still too cold in No. Indiana (air was 56 water 48). Supposed to be in the 60's all week which will help. Everything on the boat works, though.

koolerb

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tournament #2 for the season was this past Saturday, 4/8.<br /><br />6:30 Launched, weather was 40 degrees and overcast<br /><br />7:00 Freezing rain started<br /><br />7:30 Freezing rain got heavy<br /><br />8:30 Temp dropped, and a mix of ice, snow and freezing rain started to fall<br /><br />11;45 No fish in the livewell, soaking wet, hypothermic, bilge pump working overtime, almost threw my pole in the water about ten times because I couldn't feel my hands. My partner turns around and say, "If you wanted to get out of here, I'd be OK with with that."<br /><br />12:30 On the way home with the heater in the truck working overtime.

Ron G

Commander

Wenesday nighter got 2nd again :( the guy that won it had 9lbs something with a 6lb big fish,we had 7lbs with 3 fish,just couldnt pick up those last 2.Our fish was on a spinnerbait in the back of pockets in the shallow grass.

cwilt

Petty Officer 1st Class

great idea!! i have a two day'er on the 21 and 22'nd. will report...

Ron G

Commander

caught 5 keepers 12" long on a worm and jig.calm day bright sky and clear water.no spinnerbait bite last night.didnt even weigh may the fish in ,i was getting mine out and a buddy said look here,he had a nice sak 2 over 6lbs.he had 4 fish at 20lbs 2oz.showed his arse :D i was happy for them,they needed a good win.

Ron G

Commander

Carolina rig.i dont know what bait or color they would'nt tell me that, but thats not to hard figure out.and i know were they fish we fish the same spots a little later in the year.

KCLOST

Commander

We like to use the brushhog on the rig, I might try it this weekend... I'll let you know...<br />But I still like the jig for my situation...

Ron G

Commander

I got a torny sunday on the same lake :)we'll see how the rig does i may try a brushhog on it,didnt any good last year with them but its worth a shot im going to throw a jig too...h#ll if it gets tough i'll throw the kitchen sink at them.but 8hrs on this lake i should pretty well.good luck.

Ron G

Commander

Started off good spinnerbait in the grass caught a few short fish picked up a 10"worm started catching keepers all a little over 12".started way up worked my way down caught a 2 1/2lber on a duckblind with the worm,moved on down went to a deep hump usually good for a nice fish,threw carolina rig with a little craw bam big moma smally fought her she jumped and out came my craw :( she was over 4lbs my buddy was tripping out.went to another a point and the 12' fish was stacked in there caught 7 keepers all the same size and weight pain in the arse picking one to cull.moved out deeper looking for biggerfish just couldnt find quality fish,caught little fish everwere we went.even went back to were the smally was nothing.but it was a fun day didnt get in the money missed it by 1 1/2 lbsthat smally would have put me 2nd.but thats fishing.and i did try the brushhog.

gonefishie

Commander

Fished yesterday in an 85 boats tourn. It was an extremely tough day on an extremely tough lake. Biggest lake in the state with the biggest fish in it and it took 12.44lbs to win. Water was slightly stain on main lake with 63-64*. Stain and 66-67* on the slow side, the farther up river the colder the water get, it drops to 62-63*. The lake is up 8ft above summer pool, there are no bank left, just flooded tree and bushes. Caught so many short fish (I lost count of them) flipping in the bushes with a green pumpkin baby brush hog, tail dipped in chartreuse/garlic dye, texas rigged with 1/4oz weight. Also caught the biggest crappie I've ever saw in my life on this rig, it had to be pushing 2lbs. My partner caught his only keeper on a green pumpkin lizzard with the tail dyed chartreuse in the brushes. I caught my only keeper on a roadkill/shaphire small tube on a wind blown clay point with one hour left before check-in.

cwilt

Petty Officer 1st Class

did great this weekend in a club tourney, started fishing the flats in the everglades caught a small limit real close to ten lbs. decided flats were'nt going to win it today. went to a canal to my suprise there were 20 boats down there. WOW... figured thats where the fish are. only caught 2 small fish usung a worm. figured it was time to leave... went to a different flat near the main canal. i only culled one fish, which was 1/2 lb bigger. now when i got back out in the canal, i casted alongside the bank and a 4 lber nailed my bait. in the well he went! i figured i was on to something. so i started fishing the 3 mile strech of bank. 19 lbs 6 oz's later i took 1st place. what gets me was i was all alone with no pressure, knobody else was fishing that bank<br /> also took big fish at 5 lbs 1 oz..

KCLOST

Commander

Nice to here CW....<br /><br />Good for you!!!!<br /><br />I can't wait to get back out there for my next tourny... I've been working so much don't have time to even pre-fish... <br />But I will let everyone know on May 7th... I will get a day or two on the lake before hand.... Keep everyone posted...<br /><br />Did you win some good money????

Ron G

Commander

Good going CW.good job figuring them out.