Dodge Deisels??

FLATHEAD

Commander
Any one out there have one of these trucks. A good friend is looking to buy one and needs some input. I have the 2002 2500 quad cab 4+4 but it is a 5.9 gas and I like it alot.

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: Dodge Deisels??

My brother has a 2003 Dodge Quad-Cab Diesel and he loves it.<br /><br />Only thing that you need to do to it is to install an exhaust brake, especially if you plan on trailering.<br /><br />Other than that, not one problem.

NathanY

Commander

I had an '01 dually quadcab with the cummins. I loved it. It had all the power of my Ford Powerstroke, but got much better fuel mileage. You dont have to do anything to these trucks except make sure that the air filter is always clean, if not you can burn up a turbo real fast. If I had it to do all over again, I would run a straight pipe all the way back. Had a friend that had a truck just like mine that did that, and you could definately tell the difference.

D

DJ

Be careful about making any modifications. It WILL void any warranties, regardless of what the aftermarket outfits tell you.<br /><br />Cummins NEVER recommended nor endorsed an exhaust brake on the B (5.9)

bubbakat

Captain

I pull a 27 ft. cattle trailer with a 2002 dodge dulie the cummins will go down the road just a humming lol do not recommend the engine brake for this engine though put brakes on trailer instead its a lot cheaper the engine brake with install and all will probaly set you back 2 to3 thousand pluse warenty is shot to just my two cents worth though

JRJ

Commander

My '94 Cummins is excellant, but I only have 76,000 miles on it. I added a BD exaust brake with the heaver springs and it works great. I did a 4" exaust from the turbo back and have a K&N air filter. It can get 20mpg, but usually less depending on speed etc. Mine is a 5-speed. The new engines have way more stock HP.