Car dealers?

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer
What happen to them I just picked up my new truck and it was dusty and the gas tank was only half full I was kind of mad but just wanted out of there

FLATHEAD

Commander
Re: Car dealers?

That would **** me off too Muskyone!! The dealer I buy from has every car or truck detailed from top to bottom. When you pick it up the detailer comes out with the keys and ask's if everything is OK. If it is not up to snuff they correct it right away, no matter what it is, from a smudge on the bumber to dust on the bedliner. The tank is full too. I would let the dealer you bought from know how you feel about it and have them make it right. After all, for what your paying for a new truck these days it should be perfect at delivery.<br />-----------<br />Flathead

Fishbusters

Ensign

Never took possession of one that was more than half full but they were all spotless clean not even dust on them from the day. Usually while you are filling out the paperwork they give it a once over and make sure it is 100% kind of odd this did not happen here.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea, they have went pretty much downhill lately.<br /><br />Seems like all they care about anymore is the almighty dollar.<br /><br />Once they get that, then that's all that matters.<br /><br />You bought it and signed for it and they got their money.<br /><br />It's sad, but seems like that is all it's about nowadays.

NOSLEEP

Commander

Did you buy it retail,or is it a company supplied<br />car through a leasing company like G.E. Capital<br />or P.H&H ?

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

When you get your "Satisfaction Survey" form, call and let the Sales or General Manager know what you're about to write down on it. I imagine they'll make some interesting offers to keep you happy.

one more cast

Captain

My 2002 silverado plain jane was full of gas and as shiny as a new nickel.It has to go back for warrenty work so my fingers are crossed.

Dman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Musky, <br />From my experience from working at a few dealers, the new vehicles are filled to the brim and the used vehicles are usually half +/-. Maybe you can get a free oil change out of them or something if you bring it back.<br />D

ebbtide176

Commander

yeah, we've bought 3 new dodges, 1 used dodge & 1 used toyota from dealers - and everytime they detailed the vehicle & filled them up before we drove off. i even got a new set of tires on the used toyota p/u 1 week after purchase, because the old tires would shimmy. <br /><br />and i always fill out the 'customer satisfaction survey' forms with my approval. if i were you, i think i'd be knockin on the mgr's door requesting a form- and be sure to let them know why when he/she asks... ;) <br /><br />i bet you'd end up with a wash/wax/detail/amorall/vacuuming and gas token. :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You can also get the bank/finance company involved.<br /><br />They helped me once on a new truck that had a bad tranny.<br /><br />I just told them I would not pay for it and to come get it and be sure to bring a wrecker cause the tranny was out of it.<br /><br />Next thing you knew the dealer was calling and making arrangements to pick it up and fix it.

martyscher

Petty Officer 1st Class

muskyone<br /><br />Maybe it's just me, but is it really worth it to get that upset over a carwash and a half tank of gas? <br /><br />What made you so mad, that you skipped the buyers check, since these two issues could have been easily resolved before you took delivery?<br /><br />Not that I would ever defend a car dealer, but I have seen instances, where the vehicle arrived on the truck, were hastily prepped, and sold, within an hour or so. It's very possible it was rushed through and overlooked.<br /><br />It's just like everyting else with car dealers. Once the deal is done, getting something else (whether is should have been included or not) is a big hassle.<br /><br />It does not sound like the end of the world, IMO.<br /><br />Enjoy your new vehicle.

NOSLEEP

Commander

Car dealers are no different than, boat dealers,<br />house builders,or cattle auctions. If you have a <br />concern speak your mind! The squeaky wheel gets<br />the grease.

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

All 4 new and 1 used I have purchased from dealers have been fully detailed and full of gas. <br /><br />The last one I purchased was picked up while it was raining. It was full of gas fully detailed and parked inside.<br /><br />When I worked for a dealer, we were required to fully detail and fill the gas tank. We also washed all cars that were in for repair.

muskyone

got home today and truck was spotless full of gas and oil for a year i guss my wife noticed it to i never said a word to her scares me she's going to be a lawyer some day and i wasen't mad just thought it was wierd last truck i bought the sales man drove me to the gas station and filled her up for me heck as soon as the papers were signed the salesman jumped in his car and left i had to find someone to lend me a screwdriver to remove my old plates dang i'm rambaling here she is 2001 f150 22000 miles
2003513275469722547989.jpg

martyscher

Petty Officer 1st Class

A "determined" woman at a car dealership, is night and day different, than a determined man, on what can and will be done.<br /><br />Glad things are situated.<br /><br />Marty

FLATHEAD

Commander

Way to go Muskeyone! Nice truck good luck with it.

muskyone

wasent me it was the wife i don't get mad at any thing spent 20 years of my life drunk and mad at every thing quit drinking 4 years ago and haven't been mad since oh and went to get the boat today from shop and she got them to throw in a new 19 alum prop