Wish me some good luck...

magster65

Commander
Tomorrow at noon I'm getting 4 wisdom teeth out. I guess that's not a big deal other than some pain... normally. I take blood thinners for an 'issue' I had in 1992 (a-fib now) and this is the first time I've been off of them.
I'm a little nervous about it...

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Wish me some good luck...

Good luck!!! Yeah, I think I will do a little blood thinning in your honor tonight . . . :p

Link

Rear Admiral

QC said:
Good luck!!! Yeah, I think I will do a little blood thinning in your honor tonight . . . :p
2am (my time) and I just finished making airline reservations..
Think I'll join ya before heading off to bed QC!
Heres to Magster! ;)

PS
I'm always on pins and needles the night before a dentist apt also.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Very good luck Magster, hope it all goes well for you. Dentists are high on my list of people I like to hassle on the roads d:)

Take good care and hope you'll be back on solids again soon..............................!

rwise

Captain

well, I enjoy going to my dentist, but then she is cuter than,,,,,,:devil:

magster65

Commander

12:30 it was done...my face is so sore...
OW!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

oowwww
makes me gl;ad I had the wisdom not to have wisdom teeth :)
my sister did all 4 at once and it laid her out for a bit.
good luck and FOLLOW the dr's advice, friend of mine did not and got a dry socket.

magster65

Commander

hahaha, I look funny today!

cat_with_fat_cheeks.jpg

oddjob

Commander

Ooh man your a tough one Magster. I just had my only two pulled last December. I think bourbon helps a great deal. I've had to pull or have the DR. pull out bone fragments twice since then. And one side is still sensitive when I brush. Hope you heal quickly.

Pony

Rear Admiral

When I had mine taken out, my insurance didnt cover anethesia. I just had a few gum injections........so I was awake the whole time. That wouldnt have been so bad except my wisdom teeth were impacted and we pushing foreward underneath my last molar. I could hear the gums slicing and I could hear them breaking the wisdom teeth into pieces. My surgery was so "invasive" I couldnt eat solid food for a week or so.

mattttt25

Commander

navy yanked all 4 as a 'preventative measure'... really sucked. wish i could say the recovery is easy, but keeping them holes clean is a real PITA.

magster65

Commander

Since the anesthesia is covered by our medical plan I asked them to put me 'out' for it (2 of mine were impacted from the bottom on a 45). I'm not all that tough with this sort of thing but with all the 'nightmare' stories I heard (and read) I was ready for the worst.
Mind you I'm on a buncha' pain killers and it still smarts! The swelling has stopped (I think) and I'm not bleeding any more so I guess everything's going ok. My follow up is tomorrow with the surgeon but right now I can barely open my mouth... it feels like they dislocated my jaw or something.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

If the pills don't work, let introduce you my friend Jack D. Of course do not use with the pills.

rogerwa

Commander

I had three out at the same time with local. I didn't think it was that bad. a little pressure and they were out. the only bad thing was coughing up and spitting the blood ball late that night. Other than that I thought have a cavity filled was a worse procedure..

magster65

Commander

Well that ticks me off... I went for a follow-up at the 'surgeons' office. The reason the port side of my mouth is still buggered up is that he couldn't get 1 of the teeth out. He hacked away at the gums for 1/2 hour and still couldn't get it. He says that we can 'get it later'... no big deal.
I said if it's no big deal, why didn't you take it out then! He gave me some more pain killers and antibiotics, then kinda' shuffled me out the door. I'm starting to dislike the fella'...

magster65

Commander

Now it's infected and my temp is 102. My doctor said if it doesn't get better right away I'm in the hospital on aggresive intervenous antibiotics. He contacted the dental 'surgeon' and he told my doc that he removed a portion of my jawbone to get at the tooth that he never took out. I can still only open my mouth about a 1/4 inch if I'm lucky so I can hardly get a frickin' spoon in there... getting a little shaky and weak now too. I'm starving to death!!
The paper I signed before the surgery said that only 3 teeth were being removed, possibly 4 if the last one (the one (that's still there) was an 'easy' extraction. We talked about this in the office too and he said it was likely he'd leave it. I think, because he gets paid by the tooth, he went and tried to get the last one even though it was beyond what needed to be done.
Anyone with a 'legal' opinion of this?

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

I have no legal opinon, but do cast a spell on that "surgeon" aka a hack.
Good luck to you!