Honda 225

rakane

Recruit
I have a Hond 225 on an offshore bracket. I had a new water pump installed and the oil changed in July. Since that time, I've noticed a very slight oil sheen on the water. I took the boat to Barkley Sound for a week after service, and there was the oil sheen. After returning home, I noted a few drops of oil on the offshore bracket when the motor is in the elevated position. I still had the oil sheen, and now the oil on the offshore bracket. I dropped it off at the service shop yesterday.

Any ideas on what might cause this, as there is only about 110 hours on the motor. I've looked at the motor with the cowling off, and can not see any leaks. I thought at first they dribbled some oil when they took the oil filter off, but after this long I would have thought it would have dissipated by now. I've been using the boat almost every weekend since August 7th.

On another sub-thread, any tricks to removing the lower unit on a 225? Any suggestions for the best service manual for the Honda 225.

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Honda 225

do you have hydraulic steering ? 8)

OBMD

Seaman Apprentice

Your dealer probably let oil loose during the oil change. pull the cowling and inspect.

rakane

Recruit

OBMD said:
Your dealer probably let oil loose during the oil change. pull the cowling and inspect.

Thanks for both replies. It turns out a few engines got out of the factory without sealant on the low oil sensor. That was the leak and it was covered on bulletin #40, no charge to me.