Should I use 2 battery's

arall

Seaman Apprentice
HI Guy's,

I would like some input... I already have a Humminbird matrix 15 fishing system installed. I would like to install a am/fm/cd player and a VHF radio. is it ok to run everything on 1 battery

(or)

should I install another battery. What would be the best set-up for these electronics. I really don't want any interferance with the fish finder.

Thanks,

Al

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: Should I use 2 battery's

Why don't you do the easiest thing and run on your existing battery. If it doesn't work see if you want to change something so that it will, or then start thinking about another battey.

Mark

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

I run the Fishfinder and radio on the same battery and have no problem. I doubt the VHF would be a problem either, but as Mark suggested, give it a try and see how it goes...

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Will you be spending a lot of time anchored in party cove with the tunes blasting? That's probably your biggest risk of battery drainage. If so try leaving the stereo on in the driveway for a few hours, see how much it drains.

arall

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the input!

I doubt I'll be using the stereo all that much when anchord or drifting while fishing! I thought I might just bring along one of those portable jump boxes just incase the batt fails.

Al

--GQ--

Chief Petty Officer

I think the idea is to be as safe as possible. i would install 2 batteries.