Ignition Switch on 1986 Bayliner

ronknots

Recruit
I just bought a 1986 bayliner 1950 Capri. The ignition doesn't work, the Nav lights don't work, the anchor light doesn't work, and the horn doesn't work. The bilge pump and the blower work, and the radio and Depthfinder works. Is there a fuse or a circuit breaker somewhere that is blown? I tried a new ignition to no avail. The Prev owner replaced a circuit breaker for the ignition as he said his kids left radio on-he charged battery-blew circuit breaker-and ruined the ignition. I looked for a fuse panel and I don't see one. Should there be power at the ignition? If I take a voltmeter, am I going to see juice or no juice? How should the wires go? I have a red (assuming battery), a red/yellow (assuming selinoid (spelled wrong), and purple (assuming starter). If I do have power at any of these, how should or what order would they go in. I tried many different combos. By the way, the starter does turn over as I tested to see if that was the problem. I don't get any power when i turn on the ignition to any of the dash lights (if there are any or any gauges).

What can I look for that will get this boat going on the lake this weekend? Thanks in advance.

dmarkvid2

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Ignition Switch on 1986 Bayliner

There might be a fuse block behind the instrament dash panel

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: Ignition Switch on 1986 Bayliner

Check the large wire terminal connector on the engine for tightness and corrosion. The one with the hose clamp on it.