Blueprint&balancing?

Ron G

Commander
I was reading on performance boats and motor about blueprinting and balancing your props..at what speeds does this make a difference?from what i read on some prop site the guy said every new prop that he tested with every blade had a different pitch from the factory i dont quite understand how that could happen.but after he was done with the prop he gained 2mph.i was just wondering about these things.

Crownie2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Blueprint&balancing?

I have read that this can be a factor on many props and that some are better than others.

I guess it's a matter of degree and $$.

On the other hand, will there be a gurantee that the reworked prop will be better?

Bob

walleyehed

Admiral

Most of the people that are doing this, stand behind their work...
My 20P Enertia is "labbed" and is an additional 600 bucks if labbed by the factory.
Count on no less than 1000$ for a B&B prop (Bal & Blued)

Ron G

Commander

walleyehed said:
Most of the people that are doing this, stand behind their work...
My 20P Enertia is "labbed" and is an additional 600 bucks if labbed by the factory.
Count on no less than 1000$ for a B&B prop (Bal & Blued)
For a 1000$ i could alot of other stuff to my motord:)so theres no real need in this until you get up there running over 90mph were it might help to have a balanced prop?

walleyehed

Admiral

Actually, Ron...most props come out of the box commonly with up to 2" difference in pitch...1" is considered almost normal. The precision props seem to be much closer, but I think each prop must be checked after cool-down and tweaked as needed.
It makes as much difference on a 40mph rig as it does 70+.
Is it needed by all?....No, most are not perfect and never have been although it has gotten better over the last several years.
It may gain as much as 2mph, but the smoother running is better on engine components.

walleyehed

Admiral

Still running the TXP?
Send me an email...ktsander@st-tel.net

deejaycee_2000

Captain

my SS B&B custom made props I get cost about $360 .... not sure how much more speed I get but I can definately feel the difference at WOT ... on my racing inflatable ...