J15TE4SR 1500cc (2004) Wiring info needed

Frostbite

Recruit
Johnson Outboard 4 stroke J15TE4SR 1500cc (2004) Wiring info needed to connect to instrument dials & dashboard

I have a Johnson Outboard - details:
Model: J15TE4SR
Year: 2004
Size:4 stroke - 1500cc

I am fitting out my boat and now have the engine mounted and the ignition wiring harness connected to the engine. However my problem is now how to connect the engine/ignition to the dials and instruments on my dashboard.

I have all these wires and do not know what their pin out data is. If I knew what colours did what job, I could wire it all up. Can anyone help me please?

I have the following wire colours:
Yellow
Red+Blue
Orange (could be pink?) (is this the auto choke?)
Black
White
Brown (is this the solenoid?)
Blue (is this for the temp?)

I did go to Johnson UK but they want me to buy a manual which they said probably wouldn't help me. What's the point in buying the manual then? duh!

Please help me out and please don't ask me to search the web (Google it, etc) as I have already done that.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: J15TE4SR 1500cc (2004) Wiring info needed

Buy the manual. It has wiring diagrams that include instrumentation and controls.

Frostbite

Recruit

I would have bought the manual but Johnson UK told me that it probably wouldn't help me.

Does anyone already have the manual?
or can anyone tell me the wiring data?

Frostbite

Recruit

Well the first thing to note here is that I had the wrong model number. I have a J10EL4

Looks like that I should have some deutch plug/socket on the end of the engine wiring loom too, which seem to be missing.

I've finally found a helpful marine supplier that has helped me out a lot and has told me that my engine colour codes seem to suggest that my engine was made in Asia.

I now have the colour coding as follows:

Orange Choke
Black Ground/Neutral
Brown Solenoid
Blue Oil Pressure
White/red Fused Live (Ignition)
Blue/red Stop
Yellow/green Neutral switch

Hope this helps someone in the future.