Sawzall question

mscher

Lieutenant
I'm considering a sawzall, but a Milawaukee model 6509-22 only has a stoke of 3/4", but otherwise seems like a good model.

A more expensive 6536-21 and a really reasonably priced refurbished Dewalt from Homiers, has a stroke of 1 3/4".

All jokes aside:devil:,anyone know where a shorter stroke would be useful? It seems like there would be a more concentrated blade wear area.

Thanks

tommays

Admiral
Re: Sawzall question

The long stroke cuts much better and gives longer blade life :)

I also have the Super Sawzall Orbital Action model but it does not do much IHMP over the long stroke model

Tommays

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

I use a Sawzall a lot. I have allways wished someone would incorporate a variable stroke saw. Sometimes a 1/4 inch stroke would be great, as would a 21/2 inch stroke and all points in between. Just adjust it to what was applicable to the job needs.

huntandhook

Seaman

Go for the Dewalt. The Dewalt is almost half the price of the Milwaukee. I use a Milwaukee skillsaw and drills and they are great, but I couldn't justify the price of the Milwaukee sawzall. The sawzall is a demolition tool that gets abused and punished. Buy the cheaper Dewalt - I've abused mine for 3 years with no problems, and at $130 C it is cheap to replace when it finally croaks.

H&H

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I like my Milawaukee and it has cut some pretty severe items. I have the super and very happy with it. I also have a Milawaukee drill. The tools seem to last and IF the brushes wear they are very easy to get and replace.

ndemge

Commander

Get your hands on some Fire and Rescue Demolition blades,,, worth every penny.

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

Where do you get those Commander? Is your local force missing a few? Hahaaaaa.

Seriously, do they have anything of that quality at the home centers?

Jeff

Link

Rear Admiral

Boomyal said:
Here is a hot one mscher. Don't be a afraid of it used. At least this one has the selectable orbital feature. Apparently not all 'Tigersaws' do. This thing is a monster and will cut anything. You can't kill them. The used price is great too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PORTER-CABLE-TI...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Holy Crapola had to log on again!
Boomer I have that same model.
Paid 50 dollars for it (very very) used and abused in 98.
I think I might die before it does. :^

But the big thing is never never buy cheap blades.
Bought some Bi-Metal blades from HF and tried to cut a 3/4 inch water pipe. After the 3rd blade I went to Lowes and bought a name brand

60 seconds later the job was done.

Me wants to know also about the Comanders blades :)

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

dewalt and mill. both sell fire/rescue demo blades you can get them at lowes and home depot.

mscher

Lieutenant

Thanks for all of your input.

I purchased a new Milwaukee Sawszall Plus for $118 to my door and included a extra 12 pc kit of demolition blades free.

Can't wait to start sawin' on the barn.

Marty