johnson 115 v4 will not start with key

thedipper

Cadet
I recently bought a johnson 115 modle #115mlcte. The motor is a total rebuild. When I started the motor, after reconecting the wire harness. I could not get it to shut off using the key. With the old motor the key worked fine but the tac did not work. Now the tac works but the key wont shut off or start the motor now. Also i now have no spark where i had spark yesterday and the key work to start it.
When the motor did not start I did try to shut it off by switching the battery switch to off with the motor running.I am thinking I blew something. The motor will crank when I jump the solinoid. Also I have aleady replaced the key switch, and rechecked all my conections. Any ideas where to start testing would help alot.
thanks so much in addvance. Sorry for the double post.

thanks
Tom Johnson north haven ct

guywithboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: johnson 115 v4 will not start with key

Did you check the inline fuse in the engine compartment? You should have one inline with the pos cable.

Good luck.

thedipper

Cadet

guywithboat said:
Did you check the inline fuse in the engine compartment? You should have one inline with the pos cable.

Good luck.

thedipper

Cadet

I did check the in line fuse and it was ok . Thankyou for your reply. the thing that has me confused is the no spark.

thanks tom johnson