So Long!

scrapper

Ensign
I haven't been posting on here for about a month now and this will be my last post on iboats !
The reason being there is too much "Do as I say, Not as I do " and we all know who you are .
Members are being atacked directly and indirectly, the words and reasons are twisted to suit the users own needs to make their point .
When i came to this place I was like everyone else and needed information , I thank those who assisted me very much.
I seen the way the dockside was going with all the polictical crap and Members insulting each other and thought a little humour would help smooth things over .
looks like I was wrong! seems to me a few others are seeing the same thing happing here and when they try to bring it to the attenshun of the mods , they have more excuses than action unless the action is ridiculing the member in question so go ahead ! Lock this up ! I just dont give a rats butt anymore !
Oh! and be sure to come back with some quick quip on huw Im thin skined or some thing that makes me look stupid or dont get the whole picture ,
Because some one else will have to tell me about it as Im never checking in here again , Stick and stones ....Yours for never more....Scrap :p

txswinner

Banned
Re: So Long!

Hate to see you go Scrapper but I need to follow as well. Not sure I will give up tho as just like this country, it is about making people think and even if we disagree, our liberties permit us to do so.

The name calling or indirect action we all recognize as personal attack are simply a product of avoiding the issue at hand and allowing our internal shortcomings overcome a true sense of purpose.

Although we probably did not agree on much your input shall be missed and I would never want anyone to follow the nasty "love it or leave it" theory. Hope you will be back sooner than later.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

I know what your saying scrapper. Hope to hear from ya in the mail, at least. Gonna miss your humor for sure.

LadyFish

Admiral

Simmer down scrapper, you're not going anywhere..... I won't allow it.
2.gif

We need folks like you to bring some levity to the everyday humdrums and keep us laughing.:}

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Scrapper your jokes were good man, gonna miss em.

But as we all know, if you dont like the service somewhere, dont go back.

I think many people get an idea in their head about what dockside chat should be and when it doesnt meet those expectations, they are disappointed.

Dockside chat is what it is. Like it or leave it, but rarely has anyone been succesfull trying to change it.

Ken

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

scrapper, do what you want, but don't let a few run you off.
The jokes are good and I started off that way also, trying to bring in some humor and it worked for a while and then the trolls started and it kept everyone on the edge of their seat waiting in line to add their .02 worth and so I gave up.
Stick around if you want just to lurk if nothing else.

danpemby

Chief Petty Officer

I am not sure why you would want to leave because someone said something you don't like. The information obtained here is priceless, The knowledge base is immense and most of the folks are amenable. If you don't care for what goes on in a particular thread, do like I and steer clear.

Don't let the discontent of few, keep you from gratification obtained from the mass.
Just my 2 cents

txswinner

Banned

Darn got me, I almost felt I had done something wrong. Good one there scrapper.

rottenray6402

Ensign

Come on Scrapper, we are all kind of nuts here but this is my only form of genuine social interaction. Don't leave, we'd miss your jokes.

heycods

Captain

But doggonnit some of it was fun while it lasted, wasn`t it, See you in the e-mail. Later:'(

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Seldom do people announce they are going away. Over the past years we have lost many members, some left aggrevated and a few have left horizontal at room temperature. If it is any consolation .... 84300+ members and you are a known member. Go to a football game with 80K + people and ask how many know who you are.

"Winners never quit and quitters never win." Vince Lombardi

Good health to you and the family.... come back anytime.

Bob

QC

Supreme Mariner

Did you hear the one about the beer drinkin', Canadian truck driver who ate flies?

Hey Codboy,

Post his email addy and we can flood him until he's forced to come back . . .

FLATHEAD

Commander

AHHH Yes!! Yet another good member gone!! Hey Scrap I hear ya,,, Fun here at this place?? Not a chance! Now lets get back to bush and the middle east!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Hey Scraps.. Who peed in yer cheerios? I'll kick hizarse for ya...(Not that you couldn't do it yourself), but you got friends here,man.
Howzabout just taking a sabatical and comming back later?
It always werked for me.