A few Summer boating pics

lakelover

Rear Admiral
We had a lot of fun on the water this summer, so I thought I'd share a few pictures from our vacation. I gotta say that the "new" iboats Merc 9.9 ran great and provided hours of fun. It really zips the old aluminum boat along. We had a blast with both boats. Sadly, our boating season is almost over and we'll be taking the boats out in a couple weeks. Summer's waayyyy too short! Hope you're all having a good one.

vacc800.jpg

vacb879.jpg

vaca808.jpg

vacd746.jpg

zuke1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: A few Summer boating pics

what lake is that?

looks good.

wheres the fish finders?
wheres the fishing poles?

regardless, looks good.

later

studlymandingo

Commander

Nice pics! Glad to hear you had a blast, you should read some posts on winterizing here; help make next summer just as trouble free.

We still have a few months of summer left here!

danpemby

Chief Petty Officer

We still have a few months of summer left here!

LMAO, Mrs. Danpemby has never know winter -YET. 41 years in St.Pete and this will be her first winter in MO. She says she is looking forward to it. My opinion is "Mandingo, any slips for rent by you?"

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Nice wake. That little Merc 20 is pushing you right along.

Pretty pics. Glad you had a good time.

Mark

studlymandingo

Commander

OOOH danpemby, 41 yrs in St. Pete! I've been in MO in winter! My guess: an unplanned vacation to FL mid-January.

I look forward to winter too; a week on the slopes, then a plane ride back to 68 and sunny!!!

danpemby

Chief Petty Officer

Mandingo, she says she is never moving back, I'll bet my boat come February she is looking at Sptimes.com in the real estate section.

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great pics lakelover! But I'm missin the fishin poles too... :}

btw Stole your idea and posted my summer boat pics too 8)

lakelover

Rear Admiral

karrick said:
Great pics lakelover! But I'm missin the fishin poles too... :}

btw Stole your idea and posted my summer boat pics too 8)

Well, I haven't fished much since I was a kid. We used to do a lot of bass and bullhead fishing, and it was fun, lots of memories. I remember sitting on the porch of an old abandoned lakeside cabin with a kerosene lantern, telling my cousin's little brother tall tales about swamp gas and UFO's. Poor kid. Scared him to death. I think I realized when I was about 17 that I found it more fun to zip along and use up gas than to sit around waiting...But we were paying something like 35 cents a gallon then. d'oh! I'm dating myself. Thanks for looking.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Texasmark said:
Nice wake. That little Merc 20 is pushing you right along.

Pretty pics. Glad you had a good time.

Mark

Thanks. I borrowed a GPS when the setup was new and it was hitting 29. And then sometimes I wish I'd gotten that 25 hp. I'm not sure what the 9.9 will do, but it'll almost keep up. All for the fun of it.