For you jet ski haters

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: For you jet ski haters

Time wounds all heels.d:)

QC

Supreme Mariner

That little video illustrates why those things are so dangerous for a novice: no guts to hammer the throttle to turn when you've got to. He was screwed the moment he backed off when he first sees the shore approaching too quickly . . .

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

QC,
Don't you have one of those?

If so,
Can you lean them (like a snowmachine) and nail the gas to make a tight turn? On a snowmachine, it is like carving.

AK Chappy

QC

Supreme Mariner

AK,

No I don't have one although I have ridden quite a bit. Yes, you can turn as you describe, but if you chicken out and back off of the power, they go straight :^ Same with most large jet boats.

tommays

Admiral

Dont like to see people get hurt

BUT i think he needed to get thumped a littel harder for that one :devil:

Tommays

ricksrster

Commander

He was showing off circling that boat and didn't pay attention to his surroundings like where is the shore line and do I have room to make this maneuver. Also know the way out of the situation he found himself in.The jet skier stereo-type.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Thanks QC.
I love that manuever on a snowmachine and sounds like fun on one of these too.
You are right though about the jet boat and steering or lack thereof :(

ricksrster,
You are also right, I think. He was having too much fun..."Look at me" and didn't pay attention to surroundings.

AK Chappy

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

QC said:
AK,

No I don't have one although I have ridden quite a bit. Yes, you can turn as you describe, but if you chicken out and back off of the power, they go straight :^ Same with most large jet boats.

This is true; can turn on a dime, nearly in place! but no thrust, no turn...

Link

Rear Admiral

QC said:
That little video illustrates why those things are so dangerous for a novice: no guts to hammer the throttle to turn when you've got to. He was screwed the moment he backed off when he first sees the shore approaching too quickly . . .
YUP! Your correct. My little 14ft jet sled is just a over grown PWC! Under powered I might add. With a 90hp OB jet.
BUT at WOT I can do a 180 deg at less than 3 feet (Sliding backwards) A good PWC driver would have just stood that thing up on its stern and made it look like "I did this on purpose"
Sorta like a cat that jumps on a waxed table and falls off the other side :)

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

I like my jet skis "on the rocks"8)

spots